Poll: Which amp you think is better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which amp you think is better?
Vox Da5
2 17%
Line 6 spider III
0 0%
Roland Microcube
6 50%
Roland cube 15x
4 33%
Voters: 12.
Page 1 of 2
Hey im looking for a new electric guitar
Im interested in rock/heavy metal music so a guitar that suits my style
In range of 200
One of my friends played for 4 years and does gigs
he tells me to get a x-metal

Heres a website of one as the guy who posted comment wanted to know

http://www.gear4music.com/Electric_Guitars/G4M_Electric_Guitars/Metal_X_Guitar_by_Gear4music_Blacksefv_8.html

Another friend played 2 and a half year
he wants me to get a ibanez

help???
Im also getting a spider iii line 6 amp if you say what they say to buy a good amp as it does 60% of your overall sound
xxx
Last edited by dean749 at Jul 5, 2008,
get a roland cube instead (30 or 60 watt versions), or maybe the new vox valvetronix xl (haven't tried it, though).

i'd probably get an ibanez rg321 for metal with that budget. lags aren't bad either for the price, might be worth a try. just avoid anything with a double-locking trem at that price...

and it doesn't look so metal, but a yamaha pacifica 112 is a nice guitar too. EDIT: what's an x-metal?

also, if you can stretch to £240 for the guitar, I'd get this: http://machinehead.co.uk/index.php/cPath/21_49 (wi65pro washburn idol)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
get a roland cube instead (30 or 60 watt versions), or maybe the new vox valvetronix xl (haven't tried it, though).

i'd probably get an ibanez rg321 for metal with that budget. lags aren't bad either for the price, might be worth a try. just avoid anything with a double-locking trem at that price...

and it doesn't look so metal, but a yamaha pacifica 112 is a nice guitar too. EDIT: what's an x-metal?

also, if you can stretch to £240 for the guitar, I'd get this: http://machinehead.co.uk/index.php/cPath/21_49 (wi65pro washburn idol)

+1000

Get a Roland Cube and one of those Washburns
I kinda sorted it out now
getting Epiphone les paul studio
and roland cube 15 x
just need an extra 30 quid to save for that
Or if you have a better idea?????
well, if you ask me the roland cube 30 is far superior to the 15- however, if you can't stretch to the 30, i'd consider the microcube instead as it still has amp models (the 15 doesn't, nor does the 20).

I'd say that washburn is far superior to the epi lp studio too, but it is about £50 more (at least based on gak prices). if you can't stretch to the washburn, maybe a yamaha pacifica 112? or ibanez rg321 (though the ibanez is likely to be almost as much as the washburn- if you can stretch to the ibanez, i'd suggest just saving for the washburn).

of course, only you know your financial situation, but just make sure you don't buy something much worse for only a slight saving. That's what I (and the other UG regulars) will try to prevent you from doing, to the best of our knowledge and experience.

is that £200 budget solely for the guitar, or for the amp as well?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
make sure you don't buy something much worse for only a slight saving. That's what I (and the other UG regulars) will try to prevent you from doing,

Because a lot of us have, and you came here for help. +1 on the cube 30, it would be miles better than the amp you mentioned. I own a Washburn guitar so I am biased, and I won't comment on that further.
^ yep, certainly. the quality of gear i've bought, and its bang for the buck, has increased exponentially since i discovered online forums. Granted there's a lot of dubious info out there, but there's a lot of good info too. We're trying to stop you from making the same mistakes we did.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think the RG321 would definitely be a better choice than an Epi if you have metal leanings.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ yeah. actually, looking on gak they still seem to be £179 (in my local shop they've gone up to £220- to me it's worth an extra £20 to get a duncan custom custom and '59, not to mention a nicer guitar, in my opinion, with the washburn), but if you can get the rg321 for £179, then you are talking about an extra £60 for the washburn idol. The washburn IS worth the extra £60, if you ask me, but perhaps not if you're already struggling to afford the ibanez. As i said, only the threadstarter will know his/her financial situation.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
haha yeah i do like the washburn guitar but its about money really if i had more money i would get a better guitar than the epiphone les paul studio
and yes i am getting an amp with that money as well thats how it comes to 230 quid lol
Quote by dean749
haha yeah i do like the washburn guitar but its about money really if i had more money i would get a better guitar than the epiphone les paul studio
and yes i am getting an amp with that money as well thats how it comes to 230 quid lol

Ibanez RG321
+
Roland Microcube

= £244

I doubt you can do better than that for any less money.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Ibanez RG321
+
Roland Microcube

= £244

+1, that's just about the best setup you'll get for the money.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by steven seagull
Ibanez RG321
+
Roland Microcube

= £244

+1

Always listen to Steven Seagull. Seagulls can like, fly man and if you give them alkaseltzer their all ****ed up, but steven like is immune to it so he can give amazing advice

Thats the best you'll get
agreed, rg321 + microcube it is if you're already struggling to stretch any higher.

You'll probably need a little more cash for a strap, picks, cable etc. Unless you can find those in a local store and ask them to throw them in for nothing.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Unless you can find those in a local store and ask them to throw them in for nothing.

This amuses me =]

plus the rg321 is what my mate has and hes got bored of the look lol for some reason and wants the same epiphone o.O
this is why i chose it
it has good reviews also
im gonna phone the 3 guitar shops in my area and say i found
a epiphone les paul studio on the internet for 10 quid!!!! haha only kidding ill say like i seen it 160 *lying* obv i saw one for 179
and then ask there offers what they'd give
after all 3 are done ill see the best offer and post it on here,
Cheaper moneys!!! =P
plus they could add extras
how good condition is your mate's rg? maybe you could buy it off him (for a lot less than the new price).

And just because he's got tired of it doesn't mean you will...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by dean749
This amuses me =]

plus the rg321 is what my mate has and hes got bored of the look lol for some reason and wants the same epiphone o.O
this is why i chose it
it has good reviews also
im gonna phone the 3 guitar shops in my area and say i found
a epiphone les paul studio on the internet for 10 quid!!!! haha only kidding ill say like i seen it 160 *lying* obv i saw one for 179
and then ask there offers what they'd give
after all 3 are done ill see the best offer and post it on here,
Cheaper moneys!!! =P
plus they could add extras

You're entitled to pick whichever you want, just bear in mind that the Epi's crap and the Ibanez isn't.

My Music
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
lol it isn't that crap i tryied it in store today
only on a 10watt amp and sounded amazing
has a wider fretboard lol
it's up to you of course...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well its kinda best to get a guitar your gonna like lol
i do like the Ibanez though
but i think the epiphone will be the choice for now as i tryied it and liked the style+sound of the guitar
cheers for advise
see if you can compare the two side by side though

and just so ur aware uve got timi, dave and seagull all in here giving you advise, with no idiots in between posting nonsense, which makes you privileged and you should listen to these GGaA sages. They know best
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
True i am listening to what they say lol
they think the ibanez is a better quality guitar for the price
but i tryied out the epiphone and loved it
don't see any problems with the epiphone plus im getting an amp 3 times my watt size lol
so its an awesome set (for me) for practicing.

the guy at my local guitar shop is going to sell me the epiphone for 150 which is good because he said epiphone belong to gibson or something now =S and its hard to get one
that means ill have 70 left for an amp.
Epiphone are a sister company of gibson, same relationship as squier is to fender
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by dean749
True i am listening to what they say lol
they think the ibanez is a better quality guitar for the price
but i tryied out the epiphone and loved it
don't see any problems with the epiphone plus im getting an amp 3 times my watt size lol
so its an awesome set (for me) for practicing.

the guy at my local guitar shop is going to sell me the epiphone for 150 which is good because he said epiphone belong to gibson or something now =S and its hard to get one
that means ill have 70 left for an amp.

Roland Microcube = £65 = you win
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

But Mark, that's only two watts, for that price he could buy a higher wattage Stagg!

please please detect the sarcasm

My Music
Quote by steven seagull
I think the RG321 would definitely be a better choice than an Epi if you have metal leanings.

And just because the epi sucks
Theres nothing else worth buying for £70 so I hate to think what the other two amps are
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

agreed. also, you say you liked the epiphone; have you tried the ibanez? I mean, if you've never tried lindt, nestle tastes alright...

that spiel about epiphone belonging to gibson is sales pitch. it belongs to gibson, but that doesn't make it any better than anyone else (worse, if you ask me, as they can't make the epis too good or no-one would buy a gibson ).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by steven seagull
Theres nothing else worth buying for £70 so I hate to think what the other two amps are

I agree. I hope he's only considering a Roland & Vox... and not a damn Spider.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
haha yeah
You guessed right leon!!
have a doghnut lol
i was considering either spider iii line 6
roland microcube or roland cube 15x
Quote by Dave_Mc
agreed. also, you say you liked the epiphone; have you tried the ibanez? I mean, if you've never tried lindt, nestle tastes alright...

that spiel about epiphone belonging to gibson is sales pitch. it belongs to gibson, but that doesn't make it any better than anyone else (worse, if you ask me, as they can't make the epis too good or no-one would buy a gibson ).

also agreed

If I was looking for a cheap Les Paul type I'd be going for a Vintage VS100.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Just wanna know if its good for metal i know its good for rock...
but the review of the vox on this site one guy says its not good for people who like metal...
so just wanna know if hes lying lol
The MicroCube is better for metal according to a lot of people here. I have the Da5 but don't really do metal beyond a couple old Metalica songs. Both run on batteries so they are portable, both cheap, both are durable. It's really a matter of preference so try them.
Page 1 of 2