My gut tells me to go with an ESP LTD MH-1000

But for some reason I like the Schecter Synyster Custom about as much. But I feel that if I get this that I'll be missing out in the long run.

Someone want to help me make a decision because I sure as hell can't. I swear this is terrible I can't decide on my next guitar. It's frustrating.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
i like schecters way better, to me they just play so much smoother....
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
Quote by jakewynnrocks
i like schecters way better, to me they just play so much smoother....

I guess that's one for the syn custom

(I should've really made a poll for this...)
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by dayzofdesire
ohhhhh ew...not the syn custom...no. get the esp...the cusom isn't good.

Why may I ask?

Remember we're looking at the guitar not the people who play it. Too many times I see people hating on the syn custom because its syn's custom lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
bump
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Get the ESP. The ESP is much better quality and is easier to play IMO. The syn custom apparently sounds really bassy, which isn't good for most metal players. Also, the syn custom is a signature guitar and just because his name is on there you will be paying more for less of an instrument. Trust me, if you get the ESP, you won't regret it.
sorry work..anyway. I personally think syn is a fairly good guitar player. I mean he's creative...and fairly skilled. He may be sloppy but not many ppl in the 'touring' business from america could play his ****. so it's not that...it's just very cheaply built. the nobs broke on my buddies and all sorts of **** went down the wammy bar not fitting and then falling out...

and I have an esp for 3 years now and not a problem, and i've dropped that son o fa bitch many a time and still work.
Quote by dayzofdesire
sorry work..anyway. I personally think syn is a fairly good guitar player. I mean he's creative...and fairly skilled. He may be sloppy but not many ppl in the 'touring' business from america could play his ****. so it's not that...it's just very cheaply built. the nobs broke on my buddies and all sorts of **** went down the wammy bar not fitting and then falling out...

and I have an esp for 3 years now and not a problem, and i've dropped that son o fa bitch many a time and still work.

In terms of sound though what are your thoughts?

I myself am paranoid when it comes to my guitar so I'm extremely careful anyways lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Well the thing it comes down to for me is ask yourself

Do you REALLY want that persons name on your guitar? I mean its cool if you like him but what if you outgrow the band in a year or so?

The MH-1000 is a SOLID guitar that will last for years and years. I have an MH-400NT(which is a much lower priced model) and its my favorite guitar to play. Its light, its fast, its comfy, it looks great(the look of an MH ESP you will never get tired of), and its built with pretty amazing quality.

Ultimately they will sound fairly similar through your amp to be honest(if you are using the one that is listed in your signature)

Just my 2 cents, I would go with the ESP hands down.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by thefrigginbob
Well the thing it comes down to for me is ask yourself

Do you REALLY want that persons name on your guitar? I mean its cool if you like him but what if you outgrow the band in a year or so?

The MH-1000 is a SOLID guitar that will last for years and years. I have an MH-400NT(which is a much lower priced model) and its my favorite guitar to play. Its light, its fast, its comfy, it looks great(the look of an MH ESP you will never get tired of), and its built with pretty amazing quality.

Ultimately they will sound fairly similar through your amp to be honest(if you are using the one that is listed in your signature)

Just my 2 cents, I would go with the ESP hands down.

Dammit. I guess I'm getting the ESP then.

btw a7x has been my favorite band since StST.

Nonetheless looks like it would do me well to get the LTD over the Syn Custom. So I guess it's finally final lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
i've played the syn custom..........very nice guitar. and you can play metal on it but i just wouldn't want a artist series guitar. i want my guitar to not look like anyone else's.
if you can't decide between two things, flip a coin. Your mind will automatically want one outcome. Hopefully that makes sense. After the coin flip, your gut will tell you which guitar you REALLY want.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Dammit. I guess I'm getting the ESP then.

btw a7x has been my favorite band since StST.

Nonetheless looks like it would do me well to get the LTD over the Syn Custom. So I guess it's finally final lol.

Like I said, its cool if you like them but looking at your profile you are still fairly young(not that I'm an old man or anything) and you may or may not like the band in the coming years. I definitely don't listen to a lot of music that I loved when I was 16, and I would hate for you to buy a guitar that you may regret in a year or so.

Anyways, make sure you post tons of pics for us when you get it!
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
I vote ESP

Syn custom just looks too funky for me.

Look at it this way, if u get the syn custom SOME ppl MAY look down at it

If you get the ESP NOONE will look down on it b/c of personal musical tastes
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
well i would say, get a freaking amazing ibanez. seriosuly or a jackson. it all depends though. what kind of necks do you like?
if you like thick ons like a les paul or acoustics you will like shecter necks. the esp. its hard to explain all i can tell you is a thin U

ibanez and jacksons have a shallow C neck so its acutally really shreadable and sweet guitars!
If you have to get one of the two that you named, then I would suggest the ESP. It looks like a nice guitar. I, personally, am not a fan of signature model guitars. If you want a schecter, then I would suggest looking into the Hellraiser series. They are great guitars, and great for Metal. Plus, they look cooler than the Syn custom and they don't have A7X's logo all over it, lol!
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Well how this all started is asking for the perfect guitar (with a 1000$ budget mind you) that would suit my playing style and taste in music. That being said:

I play mostly metal and metalcore

Favorite bands include: A7x, B4MV, Children of Bodom, In Flames, and of course all the classics such as Crazy Train, ect. lol

Used this template on a few threads including the sticky @ the beginners section and they all suggested the LTD MH-1000.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
well to answer your question...sound wise...the ESP and custom will sound about the same. The picks ups are the same yes? But for me, the real sound comes from the amp/effects not the guitar...I have active EMGs and these knock off pickups and they sound just about the same through my gear...

but looks like the ESP has won...but I'd personally go to a guitar center or a guitar store in your area and play them all out. it's all personal choice...my fav for metal are the ESP and Ibanez. Good luck and let me know what you get!!
Quote by dayzofdesire
well to answer your question...sound wise...the ESP and custom will sound about the same. The picks ups are the same yes? But for me, the real sound comes from the amp/effects not the guitar...I have active EMGs and these knock off pickups and they sound just about the same through my gear...

but looks like the ESP has won...but I'd personally go to a guitar center or a guitar store in your area and play them all out. it's all personal choice...my fav for metal are the ESP and Ibanez. Good luck and let me know what you get!!

For sure.

I'm afraid that I may have let the Syn Custom's looks in the way of the quality of the guitar. A mistake I made getting my first and current guitar. I personally like the Syn Custom's finish as opposed to anything I've seen from a guitar so far. Idk I'm just addicted to the finish and shape.

But I agreed my next guitar would be about the actual quality now that I've got all the "crazy shape rave" out of my system with this warlock.

Btw keep in mind somewhere down the line I'm aiming to get a Peavey Valveking 112 and BBE Green Screamer pedal.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
For sure.

I'm afraid that I may have let the Syn Custom's looks in the way of the quality of the guitar. A mistake I made getting my first and current guitar. I personally like the Syn Custom's finish as opposed to anything I've seen from a guitar so far. Idk I'm just addicted to the finish and shape.

But I agreed my next guitar would be about the actual quality now that I've got all the "crazy shape rave" out of my system with this warlock.

Btw keep in mind somewhere down the line I'm aiming to get a Peavey Valveking 112 and BBE Green Screamer pedal.

For what your wanting to play, the ESP would be perfect, but GC does not carry them. I would still have to suggest the Hellraiser, because one of those should be on display at your local GC. Also, Ibanez make perfect guitars for the type of music you play. The RG series is perfect, and I would also check out the S-Series. I have an RG1570, and it is perfect for Metal. Also, it was just $800. It came with the Edge-3 tremolo and the Wizard neck, and both absolutely are great for shredding. Don't let a guitars looks fool you into buying it. Personally, I'm not a big fan of exotic shapes. Sure, I like V's and Explorer's, but I'll take a good strat any day.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
For what your wanting to play, the ESP would be perfect, but GC does not carry them. I would still have to suggest the Hellraiser, because one of those should be on display at your local GC. Also, Ibanez make perfect guitars for the type of music you play. The RG series is perfect, and I would also check out the S-Series. I have an RG1570, and it is perfect for Metal. Also, it was just $800. It came with the Edge-3 tremolo and the Wizard neck, and both absolutely are great for shredding. Don't let a guitars looks fool you into buying it. Personally, I'm not a big fan of exotic shapes. Sure, I like V's and Explorer's, but I'll take a good strat any day.

:O

Lol no but my friend who happens to have an account on the site rips on a strats all the time and has a strong personal dislike towards them.

But yeah I guess the ESP is the right decision then.

I was thinking maybe I could order from musician's friend. Or I live in New Jersey and New York isn't that far away. Somebody said they have a ton of guitar stores on 48th street including a Sam Ash's.

Also idk why but I've been turned off from Ibanez's. I know their solid but I;ve been turned off about them ever since I first saw an electric guitar/bass up close which was watching my cousin play a crappy ibanez bass.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Last edited by TheBodomBullet at Jul 7, 2008,