My band is playing here today and, apparently, I'm to be interviewed by someone from ultimateguitar.com. I presume the interview will have something to do with guitars, should I comply, and answer the questions sensibly, or should I be a bit of a scamp, and keep changing the subject to something entirely unrelated?
It's UG. You owe UG. Don't be a dick.

What band are you in btw? Just who should we be looking out for under interviews?
Quote by Heavens_To_Hell
It's UG. You owe UG. Don't be a dick.

What band are you in btw? Just who should we be looking out for under interviews?

Alabama 3, we're called A3 in the US (I know, it's ****).
Quote by rock freebase
Alabama 3, we're called A3 in the US (I know, it's ****).

**** i've seen you guys before
Quote by bobeatsbob
Just do it, gain publicity, theres nothing wrong with being a sell out.

I'm not worried about selling out, I just fancy a bit of a laugh; I hate nothing more (well, quite a few things actually) than reading interviews with guitarists, wittering on about what strings they use etc.
Quote by rock freebase
I'm not worried about selling out, I just fancy a bit of a laugh; I hate nothing more (well, quite a few things actually) than reading interviews with guitarists, wittering on about what strings they use etc.

Well it interests some people.

If you read UG interviews they ask a variety of different questions: influences, how the band formed etc...there's usually only one or two on your gear. May as well suck it up and answer them, anyone who doesn't care can skip over it (that's what I do anyway).

However if for some reason you're only asked about your gear, then by all means be an ass and answer the questions you want to.

EDIT: I would like to state I use the phrase "ass" in the nicest way possible. You have every right to talk about things other than your gear. By ass I mean be stubborn, not a bastard.

DOUBLE EDIT: That still sounds bad...dammit you get what I mean!
Quote by Heavens_To_Hell
Well it interests some people.

If you read UG interviews they ask a variety of different questions: influences, how the band formed etc...there's usually only one or two on your gear. May as well suck it up and answer them, anyone who doesn't care can skip over it (that's what I do anyway).

However if for some reason you're only asked about your gear, then by all means be an ass and answer the questions you want to.

EDIT: I would like to state I use the phrase "ass" in the nicest way possible. You have every right to talk about things other than your gear. By ass I mean be stubborn, not a bastard.

DOUBLE EDIT: That still sounds bad...dammit you get what I mean!

No worries, mate.
Chances are if you piss around in an interview it won't get published unless you say something that would cause contreversy. I think i saw you guys play in december at the Roadmender in Northampton.
Quote by bobeatsbob
Chances are if you piss around in an interview it won't get published unless you say something that would cause contreversy. I think i saw you guys play in december at the Roadmender in Northampton.

It was in October, I think.
Quote by rock freebase
It was in October, I think.

Yeah actually i think it was, got confused with something else.

Not normally my thing but you guys weren't bad.
Quote by bobeatsbob
Yeah actually i think it was, got confused with something else.

So, how come you ended up seeing a bunch of twisted idiots like us?
Quote by rock freebase
So, how come you ended up seeing a bunch of twisted idiots like us?

My dad got some spare tickets so i thought i'd come have a look.
You're a long way from home. Hope you're having a good time man. You guys playing anywhere else in Mi.?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by bobeatsbob
My dad got some spare tickets so i thought i'd come have a look.

Is your dad a fan, or was it curiousity?
Quote by rock freebase
Is your dad a fan, or was it curiosity?

Yeah my dad's got a load of your albums and stuff n' has been a fan for years. I remember listening to you lot for years.
Quote by Jackal58
You're a long way from home. Hope you're having a good time man. You guys playing anywhere else in Mi.?

Afraid not, we drive back to New York after the show, and fly back to the UK on Monday.
Quote by bobeatsbob
Yeah my dad's got a load of your albums and stuff n' has been a fan for years. I remember listening to you lot for years.

Hmm, perhaps I should apologise for that.
Quote by rock freebase
Hmm, perhaps I should apologise for that.

You guys are alright especially compared to some of the other stuff i was brought up on.
Quote by bobeatsbob
You guys are alright especially compared to some of the other stuff i was brought up on.

Nice one, mate. Well, got to go, being interviewed in about an hour, and I don't want to do it on an empty stomach.
Quote by rock freebase
Afraid not, we drive back to New York after the show, and fly back to the UK on Monday.

Wish you the best during your set. You've got beautiful weather today. And have a safe trip home.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Wish you the best during your set. You've got beautiful weather today. And have a safe trip home.

Cheers mate. By the way, the guy doing the interview was really cool.