Convulse are an excellent old Finnish death metal band from the early nineties.Sounding somewhere in between Incantation and Hypocrisy on their first cd and later like a death n roll variant, they put out two cd's and disbanded. While not ground breaking, the material presented hear is just straight up solid,crushing old school death metal of the most reliable kind.myspace
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

World Without God is one of the best Finnish metal releases ever, another great Finnish old school dm band
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

pure awesome

Looks like i have some other bands to check out as well.
Quote by Steve08

I can give you some names of the best bands of old school Finnish death metal if you want, though most of them were in that vid

It's not always nessecary to be always groundbreaking, all the time. Sometimes it's perfect when an established style is performed to the utmost. I like to think Convulse is an example of this.
Quote by Kepulix
I can give you some names of the best bands of old school Finnish death metal if you want, though most of them were in that vid

pm them to me, the Finnish scene is something fairly new to me.I have never really checked in depth on it. And i only really know Convulse,Demigod and Adramelech.
Quote by Steve08

Good band

Riffmast check out Agonized - Gods
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by Riffmast
pm them to me, the Finnish scene is something fairly new to me.I have never really checked in depth on it. And i only really know Convulse,Demigod and Adramelech.

Goddamn, I forgot to send the list hahha
I'll send it to you now, check your PMs soon

Quote by MHDrunk
Good band

Will do, when did you get unbanned ?
Quote by Steve08

Last night at about about 15 hours ago lol
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Quote by MHDrunk
Good band

I'm not finding a myspace nor anything on soulseek, do you know where i could torrent it ?
Quote by Steve08

my username on soulseek is teitanblood, just pm me. i got a heap of other old school fin dm, i got a whole bunch of tapes a while ago and ive just finished ripping them all

Anyone who posts in this thread has awesome music tastes
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Tell me something I don't know

Reissue out now on relapse, for anyone interested - shirts too.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Ive a feeling therel be more reissues to come, too.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Kepulix

If you could send the list to me too, I would appreciate it. I love old school finnish dm.
World Without God is the second best death metal album from Finland.

(The first best, if you were wondering, is Nespithe.)
Quote by Data Helmet
If you could send the list to me too, I would appreciate it. I love old school finnish dm.

I'll see what I can do

Oooh, I do like this. I believe I'd heard of them before, though never gave 'em a listen. Thanks!
"Oh, it's just you." - Famous Last Words
Picked up the World Without God reissue from the record store today. It's a class album, albeit rather inadequate compared to the rest of the Finnish death metal scene of its time period. Still an ace record, though!
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Bump

The drums in the intro to Blasphemous Verses own me so hard. Now i remember how great this band is!
Quote by Steve08

World Without God gets samey around the forth track. The only thing that keeps the album from falling apart is the tremolo picked interludes present on the second half of the record. Other than that, the songs are too predictable and similar to allow any more than an occasional listen.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

I dunno man, it's very typical but the execution is so awesome.It makes me want to hear more generic chugging power chord and tremelo riffs because their so awesome. And the vocals are immense.
Quote by Steve08

^yeah these guys sound amazing to say the least... never heard of them before but yeah they are amazing thanks for sharing

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
NP man,i try to do my part to make this thread somewhat worthwhile for the others!
Quote by Steve08