So I have a Schecter C-1 Elite that a run through a Digitech Distortion Factory into a Solid State Fender Ultra Chorus amp. The problem is on the 1st string at the 11 fret. When I have the distortion on and I hit the D#, it sounds like it should for the first 2 seconds and then it turns into a really nasty sounding harmonic which completely drowns out the note. It's not the intonation and there's not fret buzz because I had it professionally set-up. Someone please help.
Schecter C-1 Elite
Gretsch 5120
Fender Ultra-Chorus Amp
even if you had it professionally set up it could be fret buzz. It may be something like fret buzz, but it is hitting somewhere that is causing a harmonic.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
That's what was thinking, that it was touching something very lightly causing it. I guess when I change the strings I'll try a thorough clean down and bring out the micrometer and measure fret height and examine it again.
Schecter C-1 Elite
Gretsch 5120
Fender Ultra-Chorus Amp
Quote by Dr LeBrun
It's not the intonation and there's not fret buzz because I had it professionally set-up. Someone please help.

Just cause it has been professionally set up doesn't mean there won't be fret buzz. Play it acoustically and see if it buzzes.
Adam
Quote by adzlee123
Just cause it has been professionally set up doesn't mean there won't be fret buzz. Play it acoustically and see if it buzzes.

There isn't any noticeable fret buzz. I play it unplugged most of the time. All I notice is a difference in sustain which my mean there is a little bit of fret buzz I'm not noticing.
Schecter C-1 Elite
Gretsch 5120
Fender Ultra-Chorus Amp