I'm not sure if it's technically GUITAR gear, but it does have to do with the projection of sound so here goes

What would you guys reccomend for a band that is short on cash (our budget is like 400 USD or less) as far as PA systems go? We have mics and a mixer (mixer WITHOUT enough outputs) and stage monitors, but we're short on Cabinets... I noticed that in buying PA packages systematically lowers the price of the cabinets a little bit.

What do you guys reccomend?
A PA that cheap for your band won't cut it, unless you guys play like soft drums acoustic style stuff. Every venue you play it will usually have it's own PA. I live in a town with no music scene at all and everywhere we play has a PA.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
ah crap...

You see, I've been recently trying to bring back Rock and Roll at high school/college parties (something more akin to the 70s) as a way to expand my musical horizon (making gigs where there are none) and we need a PA. Our drummer is loud and agressive, so that would not work. Thanks anyways
Well I'm not 100% sure on that but my band ordered the 300W Phonic Powerpod plus for practice. It was $400. Maybe it's the small room we play in but it doesn't get over all the instruments very good, we all play loud though. The most aggressive drummer I've seen, he plays like Aaron Gilespie.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch