I personally would upgrade that bass, its good & all, but its still a starter bass. That and EMGs aren't exactly versatile. But hey, that's just my 2 cents, its your money.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
to ub3r_bassist666 thats not my bass i just used that as an example for the shape of pickups i have.and to the ones recommended do those work with a 5 stringer like mine
The bass i actually have is a fender
Quote by wildfire1871
to ub3r_bassist666 thats not my bass i just used that as an example for the shape of pickups i have.and to the ones recommended do those work with a 5 stringer like mine
The bass i actually have is a fender

oh my bad, in that case, the other guy was right.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
it should.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I don't know...What bass is it? What amp do you use? Do you use any effects (if so what?) et cetera

Chances are the pickups aren't the weak link in the chain and your money would be better spent elsewhere.
its a fender precision 5 string its a really great bass too the amp is a fender one too and i dont use any efffects i like a nice clean sound but im kinda wondering how good these are for slap bass and tapping
Jazz basses are better suited towards slap and pop and are usually preferred if you are into rock and metal. Precisions are a lot of the time associated with pop punk but can also be used for funk as well.
Quote by wildfire1871
ok so i need someone to tell me which kind of EMG pickups would be best for my bass.
http://www.woodbrass.com/images/woodbrass/IBANEZ+GSR200+BKN.JPG
This is the shape pickups that are in mine now and im looking to replace all of them with EMGs.
If it helps i play metal like cannibal corpse that kind of stuff.

If you put active pickups or electronics in a non-active guitar, i think you have to drill new holes to wire the pickups and add a battery. I might be wrong, if im wrong someone tell me.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
oh i thought you ment were puttin them in the ibanez
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
nah but do you know if there good for slap bass and tapping and do you know if they would sound nice for my fender
I just upgraded to a Schecter with EMG's, it takes slapping pretty well.

granted, these ones are soapbar humbuckers, not single coils, but I find singles usually sound better for a slap line anyway.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by wildfire1871
nah but do you know if there good for slap bass and tapping and do you know if they would sound nice for my fender

Yeh i have emgs in my schecter but ive never slapped before
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Tapping is all in how you EQ your amp. You really shouldn't be buying pickups with no information and just going on a brand name. There is no such thing as a good "tapping" pickup.
well then why dont you give me advice on my eq and hey does anyone have a clue what kind of pickups come in a fender precision bass
Tapping = Boosted Highs and Mids
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Tapping = Boosted Highs and Mids

IMO i dont think you need to do too much EQ'ing for tapping because most of the time theres usually just a 10 second tap thing then back to playing. of course it will probably sound better with boosted mids, many things sound better with boosted mids.
True, but he didn't say whether or not hes tapping specifically or if its in a song.