I found a pretty good deal on an Ibanez on craigslist near me. I know Ibanez is built for metal but I was wondering if this also includes hairmetal or if it just really for modern metal. I was also wondering if I needed if I could get at least a DECENT clean tone out of it. Thanks for the replies and all of your help.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/msg/734375532.html
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Last edited by Polystant at Jul 5, 2008,
Lol, hell no. Ibanezes are shred guitars, as good as you can get for hair metal.
Depends on which one, I would say the stock pickups in most RGs sound pretty thin which would actually suit hairmetal fairly well. Most Ibanezes have pretty decent clean tones too but that can vary wildly between models. What's your price range and which ones are you looking at?
Guitars:
Carvin DC145
Epiphone Explorer with Seymour Duncan JB and '59
Ibanez RGT42FXQM with Dimarzio Evo 2 and PAF Joe
Amp:
Carvin V3 2x12 combo with JJ 6L6GC tubes

Bass:
Ibanez SR300IPT
Amp:
Carvin BX600 2x10 half stack
Quote by CanCan
Lol, hell no. Ibanezes are shred guitars, as good as you can get for hair metal.

Wait Hell no as in that is an unbelievable question

--or--

Hell no as in ibanez is not good for hairmetal.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
I guess it wouldn't be bad for hairmetal, you could always get a pickup change later on...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Remonster
Depends on which one, I would say the stock pickups in most RGs sound pretty thin which would actually suit hairmetal fairly well. Most Ibanezes have pretty decent clean tones too but that can vary wildly between models. What's your price range and which ones are you looking at?

This Ibanez. I know its an Rg so you helped with my question, just not sure which one..

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/msg/734375532.html

Sorry for double post im in a hurry
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by CanCan

I don't understand what you're trying to say? Are you implying that there's no virtuosic element to Hair Metal?
Quote by Les Paul Ell
I don't understand what you're trying to say? Are you implying that there's no virtuosic element to Hair Metal?

I dont really get his post either . He either said its bad for hm or its great ffor hairmetal
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by Polystant
I dont really get his post either . He either said its bad for hm or its great ffor hairmetal

Hehe, who knows what he means.

That RG550 looks pretty good for what you want actually. Ever thought of building a hair metal guitar as well? You can make a Kramer Baretta or Charvel style thing pretty cheap. If you're interested I can send you links to parts.
hell yes. Ibanez was huge in the 80s (hell, it's STILL huge), along with brands like Jackson, Charvel, etc etc. An RG with some DiMarzio PAF Pros or Evos plus a good amp will get you really close to a great hair metal sound.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Hehe, who knows what he means.

That RG550 looks pretty good for what you want actually. Ever thought of building a hair metal guitar as well? You can make a Kramer Baretta or Charvel style thing pretty cheap. If you're interested I can send you links to parts.

No thanks I'll just stick with an Ibanez though I love Kramers.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
yes
finally other hair metal fans
HAIR METAL FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
They're good, but you're better off with this.

Some people prefer Ibanez bridges though...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Ibanez guitars are pretty much awesome for hair metal. Cheesy colours, maple necks, humbuckers, thin neck.... it's great!

I'm unsure of that particular model as listed in your links; do you know what model it is?
RG to hair metal is like Oreos to milk. However, the guitar in that ad is an RG270, and in my humble opinion, it's worth less than $200 new. Since one would have to pay me to take an MG10 off their hands, it's not really a great deal.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by FRDesign
It has a single coil, so It will have good cleans, and will be great for hair metal.

Doesn't matter, the RG270's trem sucks.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Doesn't matter, the RG270's trem sucks.

As does its single coil.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
As does its single coil.

True, I didn't bother mentioning it since the trem thing is a good reason not to get it.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
For $200 you might be able to score a Kramer Focus off eBay.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by MetalMilitia212
That bridge is a piece of ****.

I was thinking of the Edge Pro when I said that.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420