My volume knob thinger seems to be loose, the volume works but it seems to turn past what it should, and as soon as you let go, it slides back to the 'max' position (does this make sense?)

Should I go get it fixed or try and fix it myself? I dont know how much it would cost...
Or should I just leave it since it works fine?
The screw thing won't go any tighter, and the knob is still wobbly... Ah well it still works so I can live with it for now at least.
I had this problem in my old bass. When you turn it past max, youre actually turning the pot, not the knob.

Tighten the nuts above and below the pickguard. If you dont, you'll do what i did and eventually pulled a wire off the volume knob and it'll stop working all together.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
well what i did to my 4 string when the same thing happens i took off the back plate were you acess the electrinics and took some craft glue and put glue all around the knob and let it sit there over nite and when i woke up the next morning its was nice and tight and i havent had any problems with it since.
Quote by Jonnomainman
I had this problem in my old bass. When you turn it past max, youre actually turning the pot, not the knob.

Tighten the nuts above and below the pickguard. If you dont, you'll do what i did and eventually pulled a wire off the volume knob and it'll stop working all together.

This man speaks the truth, you appear to be over-turning the knob, & by turning past the 'max' you're probably making it worse, take off the knob & tighten nuts.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm