I'm looking to buy a new amp.

As you can see from my sig, I currently have a crap 10w which I got in a starter pack so I definately need a new one.

I have been told by a friend to get the Roland 20x Cube. It has good specs and reviews and i've watched videos and it sounds good.

It's apparently a really good amp.
Plus, it's seriously cheap. Wouldn't take me to long to save up that much, and it's a prioce I'm willing to pay aswell.

What do you guys think i should get?
Is the Roland good enough or are the some other, better alternatives?

Thanks
Guitars:
Ibanez GRG170DX
A crap little half-size starter guitar

Pedals:
Digitech RP90

Amps:
Roland Cube 30X
A cheap 10W
I mostly play Muse/Audioslave type stuff and some metal.

And my budget is about £150 but the cheaper, the better.
Guitars:
Ibanez GRG170DX

Pedals:
Digitech RP90

Amps:
Roland Cube 30X
A cheap 10W
Go with the roland cube 30x if you have £150, has good effects, good distortion settings and a switch to 5watt settings so you can play quieter at night :P. If not go with the 20 watt one. IMO the roland cubes are one of the best practise amp series you can get.
Quote by Pooinsky
Go with the roland cube 30x if you have £150, has good effects, good distortion settings and a switch to 5watt settings so you can play quieter at night :P. If not go with the 20 watt one. IMO the roland cubes are one of the best practise amp series you can get.

Hmm. I just really wanted as cheap as i could get, but also great quality. I was settled on the 20x for £90 but you say the 30x is only £60 dearer.
I could quite easily save an extra £60 and a 30 watt amp would do me great for a really, really long time. I'll highly consider saving for the 30x then.

Also, I don't really need effects as I have an FX pedal, so they don't really matter to me.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I didn't even know there was a 30 watt one, so thanks alot!
Guitars:
Ibanez GRG170DX

Pedals:
Digitech RP90

Amps:
Roland Cube 30X
A cheap 10W
If you already have an RP90 that you are satisfied with, try out an Epiphone Valve Junior. They take to MFX well and are all-tube.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden