How many here like to write music while watching a TV show or movie ?
I always do that because for me it's easiest to write music like that.

For example I just wrote 2 songs while watching "_________".
They are called "Please Let The Monster Sleep" and "The Attack Of The Momdroids" .

People that used to watched TV in the 90s should be able to guess the show...
I can't really accomplish anything while watching TV.

I always end up writing down whatever I hear.
and this moment keeps on movin'
we were never meant to hold on.
I used to, but then my songs would always be about that episode. Same if I write when listening to an artist, I'll write in the artists style.
TRANSFORMICE

I watched an ABBA documentary the other night, and it inspired me to write a song. Not an abba-esque song, it just got me in the mood for songwriting. Does this count?
I find that I can write lyrics well while watching TV with the volume turned all the way down.

The show or channel doesn't matter. Just that glowing screen in front of me seems to help for some reason.
The.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
I find that I can write lyrics well while watching TV with the volume turned all the way down.

The show or channel doesn't matter. Just that glowing screen in front of me seems to help for some reason.

I do that too. The reason I do is so if something awesome comes on I can watch it though. I write stuff during commercials when I am actually watching something sometimes.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN

Probably the screen flashing sorta keeps the brain active..

I write while listening to other music.
Is the show Dexter's Lab?

Anyway, I usually don't get inspired to write music while watching TV or a movie. But its something I may try soon. An interesting idea, it is.
Does anyone know the song that goes: ba ba bah, ba ba buh, bu ba bum, ba ba bah, ba bu buh, bu bu bum, bu ba bu bu bum baam?
For me , It's especialy older shows that really work.
If I watched a show like "House" or just a sit-com of some kind, I wouldn't be able to get anything out of it . They just barely make sense if you watch them on mute because they are so concentrated on the script.

On the other hand , kid shows/cartoons are supposed to fit children that can barely speak therefore , all the emotions are expressed through the animation .
Since they are so simple , it's really easy to "fish" songs just by watching a show like that.

Same goes with horror movies. There are no punchlines that you must hear to understand what it's all about , it's all in the visuals.

EDIT.
^
Haha , yes it is.
The very first real episode.

"Please let the monster sleep" is a really mellow instrumental.
It's pretty much just a rock lullaby for the lava monster.
"The Attack of the Momdroids" is a heavy fast paced "video game" style tune.

Here's your reward sir:

Last edited by Evil_Magician at Jul 5, 2008,
I can get inspiration from anything, so TV is actually a good source of ideas.

So, yes.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab