Page 1 of 2
Well, im bored. They're talking about Med degree in #Bass and once again, im not invited to a party that it seems, everyone else is going to. So the awards thread is here. Enjoy.

Also - thanks to the guys in #Bass who helped with a few of the catergories.

Bass Forumer of the Year - DeliriumBassist
He pretty much grabbed this award by the bollocks and ran with it. Fitz was a distance second and the ever gorgeous Tam was a consolitary third.

Best Newcomer - WhyLater (aka Mugabe)
Completely unopposed, looks like no other newcomers had enough balls to post this year lulz.

Best Avatar - TheFitz
Yeah, he beat me, seems hypnotoad is no match for the bacon machine. I'm a proud second place tho, maybe that was because I attributed Narc's "guy with the swirly tornado" to me tho >_>

Best North American - anarkee
This was a tight one between Tam and Fitz, I felt my blood pulse as i was counting this one. But one winner was declared. At one point, when the scores were level I thought of the best way to decide a tie, and that was mud wrestling. Shame it wasn't a draw eh?

Best European - DeliriumBassist
His second award of the night and once more Ben drunkedly stumbles up to the podium to recieve his award from some completely unrelated, but rather tasty female celebrity. Nutter and SMB tied second, let the mud wrestling commence!

Best ROW - BassistGal
Gal wins by a country mile, probably because she's a girl and all tho

Best Thread - FAQ
It's a great thread, thousands of words of help and guidance. Check it out. We put a lot of hard work into it and it's good for it to have been so popular

Thread That Deserves to Die Most - YKYABW...
A posthumous award for this thread. I remember posting in there way back in 2005 when I was a noob. It brought us much joy and yet pain when it was somehow bumped by a new kid after being on the 5th page.

The DesolationRow0 Memorial Trophy for Spam - OzzyPossum and all his multis
He terrorised us with his videos of him and his Gibson SG "Mudmaker" bass and those terrible covers of metallica songs. Desolation managed to get himself a vote in this catergory too XD

Most Helpful - 83lespaulstudio
The old man wins this by one vote with all his help on everything that his experience gives him. Not to mention that he owns a book I really wanna get my hands on, (the one with the valuations of all the old guitars).

Best Bass Related Group - Tie between Bass Militia and Low End
Even the clandestine side to the Bass Militia could not fix this vote properly, we could have a mass mud fight?

#Bass Chatroom Wh*re of the Year - Jonnomainman
You heard of the kid who won this one? Basically he spends all his free time in a chat room full of bassists! XD I know man, what a weirdo sadact with no life.

Best Signiture - Indiebassist
This was actually a tie, so a mud fight should have ensued. However, with me not being about to afford the flights for Thefitz to come over, I simply put both the candidates stats (IndieBassist's and TheFitz's) into a supercomputer loaded with mud fight simulation software to model who would win. Max's smaller frame gave him more agility and he was able to win!

Funniest User - Bumper
The big man in the Army wins this one! And tbh, he probably deserves it, the bowl full of down syndrome comment makes me rofl every time I read Max's sig.

Best Senior Member - 83lespaulstudio
He won his second award of the night and is delighted. Beers all round on his table, this was always gonna be a two horse race with two members over 30 and one horse won.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Last edited by Jonnomainman at Jul 5, 2008,
Wow an American woman actually won a voting contest! Woo hoo!!! And Rick should win most senior member, he's a good year older than me at least...

*breaks out the champagne and absinthe*

If there wasn't a post-awards party, there is one now!!!
I'd have won if they added most unusual...

Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by IndianRockStar

And I'm to young to drink...legally

I'm alergic to hemp, have extreme reactions to alcohol, and get asthmatic around cigarettes. seriously.

feel better?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Damn, now I feel bad demading more ryhtm points from you in miss G's urotm thread the humanity, who Im now calling humie for short....still,Im gonna stick to those demands!!

but man...ouch
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
I know. I'm pretty straight edge anyway, but I mean, c'mon, I'd like the option.

you got your points.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

I'm still laughing about the shortest member of the forum (me) against probably the tallest in the forum (Fitz) in a mud wrestling match...
smaller the person, smaller the target.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Just for you Humie,Im doin my best to sublty promote rhythm points....see it

see Im great,even when u touch upon the short-scale subject....
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
sweet. for putting it in your title, 5 more.

and a complimentary keychain.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Best get that Key Chain....and now I have to edit my title again
Quote by the humanity
Yep, agility in a mud-wrestling match is very, very ****ing important. There's no way a guy who can pick people up and throw them has an edge in a mud-wrestling match over someone who is agile.

Anyway, it's nice to see that I won the Best Avatar two years running. Lord knows what that means...
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Mugabe, eh?

If you're implying that I rigged the vote, then I am shocked, appalled, an surprised that you figured it out so quickly.

If you're implying that I am a Marxist, then I guess the time has come for the proletariats to rise up!

...Either way, you said outright that I have balls, and for that I tip my hat to you in that O-so-knowing manner.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Aww damn, did I miss the party?
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
Aww damn, did I miss the party?

Let's just have another party!

I need to start posting again
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
ooh a party
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Let's just have another party!

I need to start posting again

No need--the party from yesterday is still going strong.

*goes out on another beer run*
sweet

*joins tam on the beer run so we can bring back more beer*
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I'll be designated driver again...

don't vomit on me this time, Dan0.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

i swear it wasn't me it was jonno
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
who was sober when this happened? hmmm?

seriously, sweet job guys, you all deserve it.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

did somebody say beer? lol
wow, two awards. i believe i could have clenched a couple of more, had we expanded the catagories alittle, like...
Most likely to have a Prostrate Exam, this year.
The "i don't know what that is, but it needs ironing" Award.
The "been playing 30 years and still sucks" Award.
or the Grouchy Old Fart Award. maybe next year.
congrats to all the participants.
we are a special breed, we are bass players!

but seriously, to those that voted for me, Thank you. (the checks are in the mail).
I believe we need a big, drunk winners' circle dance to The Time Warp. Drunk. And then a loud, drunken group rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody. Drunk.

If you've never done those two things, they're a whole lotta fun.

Drunk.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee are the champions my frieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeendssssssssss!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Sly Taco at Jul 7, 2008,
*twiddles keys*

hey guys?

who just went streaking?
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Congrats and good jobs to all who won. And since we all know this party can't die yet, here's some whiskey for y'all. And a couple drinking games.

1. TheFitz The Game
-You take a shot every time fitzy mentions Fulltone or Carvin, or goes on a rant about Gibson, Epiphone, Big Muff, Behringer, EQing or Cliff Burton. You'll be sober for all of 5 seconds.

2. The n00b
-take a shot every time someone makes a topic asking you to tell the what bass, amp, strings, or basically any item they should buy without doing any research whatsoever.

Personally, I think these are great ideas. Then again, I haven't slept in I don't know how long, worked two 8+ (not sure how long I stayed over) shifts in the last 30 hours, and feel like I started drinking an hour ago when I haven't drank at all. In other words, I could just be delusional and ranting. In which case, just ignore me.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
Quote by anarkee
Oooo Time Warp!! I want to be Columbia!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zdu7xoHU9DA

Allowed.

And dude Fett, don't you know? Delusional is the straight-edged man's drunk! Take note of that, The Humanity.

This is a true story actually. One time, I knew I wasn't going to be able to drink at a party. When I got there, I had been up all day doing I think Finals. About an hour into the party, I practically felt I fit in with The Inebriated. There was a limit, of course, and eventually I just settled in to watching other people get drunk. Which is almost as fun.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

heh...

I've been drunk the entire time...
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Max does the time warp again
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Page 1 of 2