15 29%
Ebay (grab bag)
16 31%
Ebay ( use special eBay sellers)
8 16%
Other (please specify)
12 24%
Voters: 51.
My dad recently dug up his old record collection which is about 400 records, he told me i could take whatever I wanted and sell the rest of them (I picked about 50). But now the question is what would the best way to sell the rest of them? I figured out 3 options, but other suggestions are welcome.
1. Sell the records to a used record shop
Advantages: I'm guarenteed that all the records will be bought, It takes very little time
Disadvantages: Because I'm sellinhg to a store that will than resell them, I won't be getting the full worth of the records
2. Sell them as a grab bag on Ebay
Advantages: Quick, easy, and I cut out the middle man
Disadvantages: I won't get teh records full worth because It is a grab bag
3. Hire an Ebay store to sell them for me
Advantages: Since they will be sold individually, I'll get as close to full value as possible, other peole will do the work for me
Disadvantages: Since they are going to be sold individually, and since many are obscure, theres a good chance that many of them won't be bought, and I have to pay the people to do the work for me

(P.S. I'm not willing to sell the records individually by myself, it would take forever to make 350 different eBay auctions)
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Your dad is awesome!!

Sell them to a record shop, make sure you always turn down the first bid
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
I'd personally just go with the eBay auction. If there are more than 1 album by one band/artist, why not sell those together as a job lot? That'd take less time I guess.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Get a book on vinyl prices and check the values. If you come across any rares or rather expensive albums, sell them on eBay, individually.

All the others, just sell to a record store.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
I'd sell them on eBay, sorting them into several different groups and then auctioning those groups separately so you have a wider audience of buyers. If you don't have a time limit it's worth putting some work in. I agree with you that listing them individually would be a pain in the arse. Make sure you have a good look at what other similar listings are going for, and set a reserve price so if they don't make a good price you can relist, or sell them to the record shop.
Quote by Jekkyl
Get a book on vinyl prices and check the values. If you come across any rares or rather expensive albums, sell them on eBay, individually.

+1 this guy has the idea
Call me Trey.
Quote by Jekkyl

+1 This is what I would do.

EDIT: Damn beaten to it!
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think you're the only person on the planet who is worried about how mainstream muffins are.
Last edited by Metallica Fan21 at Jul 5, 2008,
Quote by Jekkyl

Where could I find one of those?
and to the ones who say keep em, I am keeping all the ones I want (the clash, elvis costello, Bruce Springsteen, Some others) But most of the albums I have no intrest in (eg. Styx Foreigner, Elton John), and I really need money for a new amp.
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Vox AD50VT
I will pay you £1000 for the records and your dad.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by deathbyawesome
Where could I find one of those?
and to the ones who say keep em, I am keeping all the ones I want (the clash, elvis costello, Bruce Springsteen, Some others) But most of the albums I have no intrest in (eg. Styx Foreigner, Elton John), and I really need money for a new amp.

Any larger bookstore (Borders/Barnes And Noble), and most smaller stores, have vinyl collector's books. They aren't too expensive.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Quote by duncang
I will pay you £1000 for the records and your dad.

deal, You pay shipping though
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Vox AD50VT
Quote by Jekkyl

It's very common for people with not much experience to overvalue their stuff by overestimating their condition. So make sure you don't do that: be realistic! Mint means mint.
Quote by Jekkyl

i was about to suggest this. Best choice easily.
My specification;

Go to New York City or another busy place, go to an intersection and say "Get your records 1 cent each! only 1 cent!" You'll sell 350+ in no time.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Sell the well-known ones through eBay, and the obscure ones through the record store
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Quote by Bluesbreaker7
It's very common for people with not much experience to overvalue their stuff by overestimating their condition. So make sure you don't do that: be realistic! Mint means mint.

Don't worry, I've bought enough used records to realistically tell the condition of these.
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Vox AD50VT
First rip them all to your computer. Then eBay lots together, such as putting certain bands together that are similar or albums together from the same band.
Gear(Sucks):
Aria STG Series Strat
Yamaha F310P Acoustic
BOSS DS-2 Distortion.
RMS 10 Watt Practice Amp

Wishlist:
New guitar
Brawl: 2578 4543 4918
sell the records individually if you think they will actually sell.

for the rest, sell em to a record store.

Edit: you are going to give away elton john and styx vinyls?!?!?!?

what is wrong with you?
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
what kind of cds?
hair bands and 70s hard rock?
ill take them off ur hands...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by Jekkyl

+1, but instead of sell the rest to record store, I say a lot on eBay.

Who knows though, some might be worth a listen. What are they?