Okay, so i was playin my guitar, everything fine. I go to bed, let my brother play and guess what? Next morn, it's broke!!! I believe it is a problem with the pickups, i was originally hopeing that it was something to do with the input jack cause thats cheap and easy but here is the problem:

I plug in. I hear very little to no noise when i play. The most noise comes from the low E and A strings. Matter of fact if i remember correctly there was no noise from any of the other strings period. Also, the noise from E and A was very low volume, even with the amp cranked and a lot of buzz coming out. Also, no distortion even though we were running through a distorted amp.

So, what is it? Did my bro blow my pickups? Is this something i can fix on my own (please say yes)? What should i do?
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
B.C. Rich Rich Bich Platinum
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
Have you tried it on a different amp? (or tried another guitar on the amp to rule out a problem with the amp)
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic-Electric CD140SCE
Quote by IdiotWind
Have you tried it on a different amp? (or tried another guitar on the amp to rule out a problem with the amp)

Yes to both.
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
take it to a guitar shop and have them examine it
Others accuse me of being evil when I'm just thinking differently
Well now you have an excuse to get a better guitar!!
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
I am not surprised, neither of your guitars are of top quality.. sounds like a loose wire or something... take it to a shop and have it looked at.
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
Quote by Teh GIR
Well now you have an excuse to get a better guitar!!

I JUST BOUGHT THIS ONE!!!
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
Check out the output jack. It's possible a wire came loose. If so, buy a $12 soldering kit from RadioShack. Practice soldering and de-soldering, in a few minutes, you can make the basic repair ... assuming it's just a loose wire. BTW, trace it all the way to the pots and PUs. Sounds like a simple fix.