Hello everyone.

I'm looking to learn theory.
Already purchased Music Theory for Dummies.
I have a very limited knowledge of it right now and I was wondering if anyone could point me to some sites that would help with it.
Already taking a look at the lessons here on UG.

And could anyone recommend me some songs that are anywhere from easy to intermediate? Been playing for a while now (Going on 2 years) so I should be able to handle what you throw at me. Just stay away from Nirvana and Green Day songs, I've had my fill of them

Thanks for any and all help.
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
http://www.zentao.com/guitar/theory/

Check out that site I used it for a little while, it's fairly decent!

Not sure what stuff you're into, but I reckon you should try some Metallica!
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Enter Sandman
Seek And Destroy
Fade To Black

They're all pretty all-round difficulty levels
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
As always, I recommend Zeppelin riffs or easy Zeppelin solos (What is and What should Never be comes to mind). Also, Rage Against the Machine's "Roll Right" has a really ocol riff in the beginning that's not too complex.
Woops, forgot that part.

I mainly listen to and play Rock, Metal, and every genre between.
Love stoner metal/rock but don't know that many bands that fall into that genre.
As far as Metal, and play just about anything.
And same for Rock.

EDIT: Suggestions for easy solos to learn would be great too.
I'm pretty good with rhythm, but could use some lead work.
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
If you're into Guns N' Roses at all I suggest trying some solo's from their songs

Welcome To The Jungle, the first solo in November Rain, I reckon you'd be able to tackle most of Slash's solos
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Alright. I'll look into those.

Seeing as you have a CoB avatar, don't suppose they have any songs that aren't to hard?
Well, if you're talking about solos, not really no

But when I did try and learn some Bodom a while ago, I managed to get the rhythm down alright to a few songs. Try Bodom Beach Terror, and Hate Crew Deathroll.
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Haha. I knew the solos would be a no.

I'll look into those.

I have intro to Are You Dead Yet down, except for the Pinch Harmonics which I cannot do to save my life.

Any other suggestions from anyone?
Bump.

Any other suggestions?