I have a stagg copy of the Tom Delonge Sig, i love it.
But if i could afford a es 333, the id defiantly buy that too.
Nathy
I like the ES-333 myself, but i guess it comes down to preferances in finishes/scale length/pickups. Most people think JBs are too trebly and harsh, so the dirty fingers would sound better, and the shorter scale length would be a bit easier to play.
theres already a thread about this
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
the fact that your choosing between two completely different guitars in senses of tone, pickups, body, etc. but are signature models for the same artist makes it seem like your planning on buying it solely because it is a signature...immature mistake.

if you want a heavier punk sound with a humbucker get the epi.
if you want a jazzy punk single coil get the strat.

dont pick just cause its a signature. most signature models ive played have been a let down. i prefer models with similar specs but not signature. you get more quality for the cash, not just the name attributed to it.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
any other guitar
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by burgurhead1812
the fact that your choosing between two completely different guitars in senses of tone, pickups, body, etc. but are signature models for the same artist makes it seem like your planning on buying it solely because it is a signature...immature mistake.

if you want a heavier punk sound with a humbucker get the epi.
if you want a jazzy punk single coil get the strat.

dont pick just cause its a signature. most signature models ive played have been a let down. i prefer models with similar specs but not signature. you get more quality for the cash, not just the name attributed to it.

Oxymoron? And the Strat has one Duncan Invader bucker in the bridge.

But honestly, you're better off with a Standard Strat or a 22-fret set neck fixed bridge mahogany guitar with a mid-high output bucker.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude

But honestly, you're better off with a Standard Strat or a 22-fret set neck fixed bridge mahogany guitar with a mid-high output bucker.

meh...its not totally an oxymoron. a lot of ska or like older NOFX or less than jake could be under my newly created term of jazzy punk....i really was just trying to say the strat would be good for punk or like jazz if he chose due to tthe single coil. i knew it had a humbucker but in posting i forgot about it....sorry.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
The ES-333 is just beautiful... course I never played it, but whatevs.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Quote by aznrockerdude

no your just not familiar with weird genres? xD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qJ_3R_O4I4
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Which one is "better"? can you get anymore vague than that?
I hope you dont plan on buying a guitar based off of someone elses opinion...besides, these are two very different guitars....like apples and oranges or a car versus a truck..Go to a music shop and try them out for yourself. And if you really want an opinion, get the Delonge Squier, its way cheaper, has HIS name on it and still sucks just as bad.
Last edited by piecies_81 at Jul 6, 2008,
Quote by burgurhead1812
meh...its not totally an oxymoron. a lot of ska or like older NOFX or less than jake could be under my newly created term of jazzy punk....i really was just trying to say the strat would be good for punk or like jazz if he chose due to tthe single coil. i knew it had a humbucker but in posting i forgot about it....sorry.

Noooo. Have you ever listened to jazz? 3rd wave ska has next to nothing in common with jazz. Strats aren't good for jazz anyway. And it only has a bridge pickup, which would make it even worse.

Jazz-punk isn't an oxymoron, but I've never heard it. The closest thing I've heard is Television, and that isn't even close.

Anyway, I agree that you shouldn't get a guitar just because it has Tom Delonge's name on it. Plenty of cheaper, better guitars can get a Blink 182/Angels and Airwaves sound just as well as a sig.
so between the two it depends on what style you wnt ??

coz tom played pop/punk type thing in blink while he played the strat for the majority of that time !!

and whatever he calls the music he pkays now is wit the es-333 so ...

its dwn to do u wnt a pop/punk sound or a ava sound (dnt wat he calls it now so im sayin ava)
Best - Tom Delonge Gibson ES-333
Great - Tom Delonge Fender strat
Better - Tom Delonge Epiphone ES-333
Good - Tom Delonge Sqire strat
Quote by snuh juh
Best - Tom Delonge Gibson ES-333
Great - Tom Delonge Fender strat
Better - Tom Delonge Epiphone ES-333
Good - Tom Delonge Squire strat

there all great IMO, but i would have to say the gibson ES is the best.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.