Here is the Squier '51 in it's original form:

Here it is after work began. Like 5 months ago.

And FINALLY, after painting it and sanding it and painting it and sanding it and painting it and sanding it and painting it and sanding it and painting it and sanding it and painting it and sanding it and painting it and sanding it and painting it and sanding it and painting it and sanding it and its done!!

We drilled holes in it to make it a string through, and got it a Stewart-McDonald string-through bridge. We obviously removed the pickguard and filled in the holes. I got a new nut for it, and replaced the stock humbucker with a Seymour-Duncan Invader. It's not really my style of pickup - too muddy, but it still sounds good and has awesome harmonics. I want to put a SH-5 in it, and I want to replace the single coil with a Seymour-Duncan 5-2. Finished it up today and slapped some 12 gauge strings on it. It's tough to play compared to my Ibanez, but I like it.

A little blurry...

The paint job looks good in the pics but once you inspect it more closely it is less than factory/professional. Nevertheless I'm quite satisfied with the finished product. It's truly a one-of-a-kind guitar.
We're only strays.
Wow! Nice job sir! On first sight I mistook your orange Squier for some sorta 80's hair metal guitar!

How much did all modding require?
dude we have the same sofa.
and that is one awesome transformation there. congrats.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by Mwoit
Wow! Nice job sir! On first sight I mistook your orange Squier for some sorta 80's hair metal guitar!

How much did all modding require?

Yeah I love 80's style guitars, obviously lol. I think it cost around $130 to $150 tops. My dad already had the humbucker laying around so we didn't buy that.
We're only strays.
Quote by Ippon
I love modding '51s. That looks good. Congrats! Did you get it from the GC close-out sale?

Yup, just 150 bucks!
We're only strays.
Quote by Ippon
Dude!!! Where were you when I was spamming the EG, the GG&A, the GB&C forums about the $70 Squier '51s at GC and MF?!?!

Anyway, $150 is still a bargain, an opinion.

Oh whaaaat? That SUCKS haha.
We're only strays.
$70?? Man, we get shafted for gear here.

Looks sweet after the refurb man
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
Looks awesome.

I think I can see a couple of flaws in the paint that you mentioned, but still, a very good job.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
looks good.........i love the duncan invader. it's a great pickup for basswood and alder body guitars. just roll of the low's and it sounds great.
also on the invader it should be an 1/16 to 1/8 away from the strings. mines an 1/8 on the low e side jusy a little farther than a 1/16 high e side.
That's pretty cool... Liking the orange!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I bet that your amp is an Orange.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
IMHO, you should try and hunt down a lefty Tele neck, preferably with tuners

That guitar would fit the bill of 80's awesomeness just a little bit more with a reverse headstock.

Aside from that, damn is that thing money. So simple and so effective, my hats off to you
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
That thing looks sweet as hell in orange!

I'd definitely get rid of the the muddy Invader.
I have one also in a basswood body Ibanez and it is soooooo muddy like you said.

Here's a pic of my 51' too. These guitars have such a cool layout.

Changed the neck to a reverse Strat, brass nut, and scalloped the board too.
Added a SD screamin demon and vintage rail, it sounds great for any style now.
^ See, now thats what I'm talkin' about.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by mr.rs
That thing looks sweet as hell in orange!

I'd definitely get rid of the the muddy Invader.
I have one also in a basswood body Ibanez and it is soooooo muddy like you said.

Here's a pic of my 51' too. These guitars have such a cool layout.

Changed the neck to a reverse Strat, brass nut, and scalloped the board too.
Added a SD screamin demon and vintage rail, it sounds great for any style now.

i had a sh-6 in my strat b4 the invader and i love the invader i can go from heavy chunk to a gibson growl. i like the lamb of god sound . and the invader is what mark morton and will adler used. it's just got a lot of mid tone. cut back on the mids and bass and it cleans up the sound and stay's CHUNKY. to each his own i guess. good lookin guitar!
oh wow, that looks great! i'm no fan of the invader either, but it looks superb in that guitar.

mr.rs's looks great too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Mr.rs that thing is really cool!! I may try a rail in my neck pickup as well. You should do something about the screw holes for the old pick guard, though. That'd be tough though since you're keeping the original finish. And jm that's an awesome idea about the reverse headstock. I'm thinking more along the lines of maybe an Explorer style headstock. Also I'd put my own logo on it, like maybe "Dreamsycle."
We're only strays.
You put .012s on that balsa wood neck? I had .011s on mine and the neck had a bad bow after a couple weeks.

I would rethink that.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Mr.rs that thing is really cool!! I may try a rail in my neck pickup as well. You should do something about the screw holes for the old pick guard, though. That'd be tough though since you're keeping the original finish.

Thanks.

I'm not going for perfection by any means, so filling the holes isn't a concern really.

If you try to keep any guitar perfect eventually one day it's gonna happen, ding here dent there and it's gonna make you wanna blow up.

I prefer pre-dinged and pre-owned.
Quote by mr.rs
Thanks.

I'm not going for perfection by any means, so filling the holes isn't a concern really.

If you try to keep any guitar perfect eventually one day it's gonna happen, ding here dent there and it's gonna make you wanna blow up.

I prefer pre-dinged and pre-owned.

I see, haha. Like EVH's Frankenstein! I want to do something like that with my Ibanez H-H. I want to put a single coil in the neck like on my Squire, but just keep the hum bucker hole.

And about the neck bowing, so far it seems fine and it's been about 3 weeks. Don't think I'm not going to be checking it constantly now, though.
We're only strays.