I want to get a JCM800 combo. What does everyone think of the sound, I would especially like to hear from people who have one or have heard one. I would also like to know the model number of the combo with two channels rather than the single one.

Also does anyone know of a good site other than eBay where I could buy a good used JMC800 copy?

Many thanks guys.
Ceriatone makes good Marshall copies for cheap. http://www.ceriatone.com/
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
i just tried a jcm 800 head. its amazing. If it had a better clean and some reverb, it would be unstoppable.

P.S. where did you find the JCM 800 combo?
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
why does everybody instantly recommend "copies" these days? Especially when originals are readily available.

Here are some model numbers:

ebay is the best mainstream site. other than that you'll have to look into many smaller, private sites
Quote by Gutch220
why does everybody instantly recommend "copies" these days? Especially when originals are readily available.

Because the copies are quality handwire, while Marshall and Fender's "Reissues" are mounted on a PCB. Even if we exclude the construction itself, the LAYOUT of the board makes a tons of difference. As a blues junior owner, I really prefer the dark tone of verB over whatever they sell new at L&M.

And with so many people wisen up to tubes, a working second hand JCM is expensive.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Quote by Jestersage
Because the copies are quality handwire, while Marshall and Fender's "Reissues" are mounted on a PCB.

Nobody said anything about reissues
We were assuming if he was going to get a Marshall JCM 800 it was going to be a reissue. Older Marshalls are ridiculously expensive in my experience. The copies are called copies for a reason: they're copies. Meaning they should pretty much sound the same as a Marshall or Fender or any other sweet amp maker with minimal differences.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by VoodooCow229
We were assuming if he was going to get a Marshall JCM 800 it was going to be a reissue. Older Marshalls are ridiculously expensive in my experience. The copies are called copies for a reason: they're copies. Meaning they should pretty much sound the same as a Marshall or Fender or any other sweet amp maker with minimal differences.

you pay so much more for a pretty cursive Marshall logo

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
you pay so much more for a pretty cursive Marshall logo

word.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by Gutch220

Here are some model numbers:

ebay is the best mainstream site. other than that you'll have to look into many smaller, private sites

Thank you dude, that diagram is the sh*t. It's REALLY helpful, thanks!
I had the 4212 model (50w, 2 speakers). It was insanely loud and I needed an OD to get into metal territory. A real man's combo, if you ask me. Such a classic, you can''t go wrong with it.
Quote by VoodooCow229

Really? From what I've seen, a used JCM 800 head can go for like 800-1000 bucks in good condition. Reissues are double that.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Sakattack75
i just tried a jcm 800 head. its amazing. If it had a better clean and some reverb, it would be unstoppable.

P.S. where did you find the JCM 800 combo?

Yeah its called an orange rockverb 50 !?!?!?! Im getting one cant wait
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
clapton-floyd, I am also looking at the same thing you are

Yesterday I went to Guitar Center and bought an AVT50 used and I am returning it today :S, Yesterday I played with a JCM800 head that has a Master volume and you can get decent tone at low volumes (I live in a condo) however the head + the cab are BIG BIG BIG for a condo + Hard to carry around to friends houses + it was the single channel version.

My ideal would be the 4210 if it sounds as good as the resissue I tried yesterday.

4210 + Vintage 30 speaker

I heard the FX Loops of the JCM 800 models that had them are no good. Wonder how they sound putting the pedals through the input. Anyone knows about this?