I recently played a mates RG320 Ibanez, and quite liked it. Had a look around and thought about buying a second hander. However, I just read about how bad the Edge III bridges are, and its put me off tbh. One of the main reasons I wanted an RG was for a thin neck and a trem, completely different from the PRS I have just now.

So, in light of the exploding/wearing out/made-of-chocolate Edge 3 bridges, can anyone recommend a thin-necked, trem equipped guitar, roughly no more than say £200/$400?

I play a bit of everything really.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
Ibanez RG321 + pickup swap?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
A Jackson Dinky or an ESP MH series would work if you want a double-locking trem.
Few options...

- Save up more and get either an RG1570 Prestige / used RG5xx model or something along those lines.

- Look for second hand Saber guitars like the S470, S320 and S520EX. I checked this month's copy of GUITARIST magaizine and I found an S470 going for £190 in the classified section! So it's possible.

- For more information on Ibanez trems do and do nots, read here.

EDIT:
Quote by qotsa1998
A Jackson Dinky or an ESP MH series would work if you want a double-locking trem.

You're never gonna get anything good in UK for the budget. In UK, we get ass****ed on customs and VAT blah blah so everything here is expensive.
Quote by Mwoit
Few options...

- Save up more and get either an RG1570 Prestige / used RG5xx model or something along those lines.

- Look for second hand Saber guitars like the S470, S320 and S520EX. I checked this month's copy of GUITARIST magaizine and I found an S470 going for £190 in the classified section! So it's possible.

- For more information on Ibanez trems do and do nots, read here.

EDIT:

You're never gonna get anything good in UK for the budget. In UK, we get ass****ed on customs and VAT blah blah so everything here is expensive.

Yeah it was that website that put me off the Edge trems! Dont fancy a trem cracking up or strings flying off on up-pull

True about getting hammered here for guitar gear, it was actually worthwhile flying to America and buying pickups and stuff over there and bringing them back.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
Quote by Gabbastard
Yeah it was that website that put me off the Edge trems! Dont fancy a trem cracking up or strings flying off on up-pull

True about getting hammered here for guitar gear, it was actually worthwhile flying to America and buying pickups and stuff over there and bringing them back.
The Edge III wont suddenly "break"

The Knife edges will wear down over time, and wont last as long, as say, an Edge Pro or OFR. It is still a decent trem if it is set up, and the Knife edges are lubed.
Actually the Edge and Lo- pro trems are perhaps the best ones you can buy. and I bet the only way to break it would be to bomb it.
Second hand higher end RG. Try looking for an RG in ebay which is not equipped with edge III or lo trs or crappy trem for that matter. Or try for the Series.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

i have an RG350MDX with edge III and i have to say, no problems yet and i have had it for a few months now, never been out of tune and i have dive bombed quite a bit, so personally i dont see why people hate it so much