Here is the Squier '51 in it's original form:

Here it is after work began. Like 5 months ago.

And FINALLY, after painting it and sanding it and painting it and sanding it and painting it and sanding it and painting it and sanding it and painting it and sanding it and painting it and sanding it and painting it and sanding it and painting it and sanding it and painting it and sanding it and its done!!

We drilled holes in it to make it a string through, and got it a Stewart-McDonald string-through bridge. We obviously removed the pickguard and filled in the holes. I got a new nut for it, and replaced the stock humbucker with a Seymour-Duncan Invader. It's not really my style of pickup - too muddy, but it still sounds good and has awesome harmonics. I want to put a SH-5 in it, and I want to replace the single coil with a Seymour-Duncan 5-2. Finished it up today and slapped some 12 gauge strings on it. It's tough to play compared to my Ibanez, but I like it.

A little blurry...

The paint job looks good in the pics but once you inspect it more closely it is less than factory/professional. Nevertheless I'm quite satisfied with the finished product. It's truly a one-of-a-kind guitar.
We're only strays.
she's a beauty! good work man. any plans to add a pickup selector?
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Is it one volume each? And if not where is the pick-up selector? Is it hidden? lulz Looking smokin' hot mate!
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
The '51 comes with sort of peculiar switches. One knob is a selector, it has 3 positions, and the other is the volume which doubles as a push/pull to tap the humbucker. No tone knob, but that's fine with me. All I need is a volume.
We're only strays.
nice work. i like the no switch, although the tone knob would be nice, causwe one day you'll wish you had it
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Its purty, but can I ask why you went with orange?

why wouldnt he? orange is sex
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Guys, those guitars have a selector. Its just a rotary selector. One of the knob (I cant remember which one) is the selector switch.

But I will agree that they should've put a tone control on it.
i ment the knob instead of the switch... if you were talking to me. no worries
Orange is great!! I kind of wanted to go with pale lime green, but they didn't have the color at Lowe's.

And about the tone knob, it would be good to have and maybe one day I'll do some routing. Currently though I find tone knobs a bit useless. Like I said all I really need is the volume knob to clean the sound up.
We're only strays.
Wow, i actually love that finish. Wouldn't have chosen that Humbucker, though. But different strokes for different folks.

Anyway, congratulations on the finished product!
question:
How much is clearcoat and where did you get it?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
And about the tone knob, it would be good to have and maybe one day I'll do some routing. Currently though I find tone knobs a bit useless. Like I said all I really need is the volume knob to clean the sound up.

i hated my tone knobs till i replaced my pots with higher quality ones and the tone didnt get murdered. not tryin to talk you into it, but food for thought
Quote by Phillitalian
question:
How much is clearcoat and where did you get it?

About 7 USD at Lowe's (chain do-it-yourself store). Same with the paint. We used spray paint and spray lacquer. That why we had to sand it and repaint it so much. The lacquer is strong; it may not look completely up to par with a factory paint job but it is just as strong.

And yeah I really want to get better pickups in it.
We're only strays.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Well, all else aside. It is a beautiful guitar. I really really happen to like it.

Thanks!
We're only strays.
Hey man, awesome guitar! I really like the orange.

I dropped a Seymour Duncan 5-2 in a '78 Musicmaster and its a great pickup! Good choice...whenever you get it. lol

Cheers!
Surf Rock the World

'Shark Bait'
Coming soon.
Quote by RazzRocket
Hey man, awesome guitar! I really like the orange.

I dropped a Seymour Duncan 5-2 in a '78 Musicmaster and its a great pickup! Good choice...whenever you get it. lol

Cheers!

What are the harmonics like? I like to use a lot of natural harmonics like on the 5th/7th/12th frets. Does the 5-2 pick them up well?
We're only strays.