I was reading through this lesson on UG about the Circle of Fifths. Now the guy said:

C major- No flats/sharps
G major- F#
D major- F# C#
A major- F# C# G#
E major- F# C# G# D#
B major- F# C# G# D# A#
F# major- F# C# G# D# A# E#
C# major- F# C# G# D# A# E# B#
C major- No flats/sharps
F major- Bb
Bb major- Bb Eb
Eb major- Bb Eb Ab
Ab major- Bb Eb Ab Db
Db major- Bb Eb Ab Db Gb
Gb major- Bb Eb Ab Db Gb Cb
Cb major- Bb Eb Ab Db Gb Cb Fb

But how can you possibly play E# or B# on F# major and C# major? Following his logic, F# major would be F# G# A# B C# D# E# F, but that clearly doesn't make sense to me. Now I thought about Gb major, but Cb isn't possible either. It might be a stupid question but he clearly doesn't explain anything about it. Following the WWHWWWH pattern, it makes F# G# A# B C# D# F F#, but I also know that notes aren't repeated in scales, so it's loosing me.

How would that work?
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

What's wrong with the key of F#? A key can have the notes F# G# A# B C# D# E#?

I really don't get what you're asking.

Gb major = Gb Ab Bb Cb Db Eb F
Cb major = Cb Db Eb Fb Gb Ab Bb
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
There's no Cb or Fb on the fretboard. How are you suppose to play those notes?
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Are you sure?

If you flatten a note you just bring it down a half-step (on guitar, a fret). So play C on your guitar, go down a half step, you have Cb. You may also know that note as B but you're really playing Cb. The term for those notes is "enharmonic". There tone is the same but in the context, they are different. Same thing for Fb/E, D#/Eb, C#/Db, etc.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Okay I understand now. The guy in the lesson didn't bother explaining this part. Thanks.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

No problem. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥