Okay, I started playing about 3 months ago, but I'm clueless on what pedals to use, I know they can play certain types of music, from blues to Metal, but I'd like to learn about quality.

I currently have a Danelectro FAB Distortion Pedal, and a Digitech Death Metal pedal. Are these good?

I picked up the FAB pedal at a music store for 26 bucks, and the Death Metal one today at a yard sale for 10 bucks. Are tese good deals for these types of pedals?

Sorry if I sound like a complete idiot. xD
The Fab sounds like the Right Price, depending on where you are, its a pretty good pedal, sounds pretty much just like a ds-1. The Digitech Death Metal, you got really cheap, usually i think $50 in america.

These are both alright pedals in my opinion, but thats my opinion
I really don't like questions like "what's better", "what's the best", etc., because it's all personal taste. What you might think is good, someone else might think it sucks. Really, all that matters is if YOU think it's good. What's good quality to you? What is YOUR definition of 'a good quality distortion pedal'. I mean, it's cool to ask around for people's opinion to narrow down your search, but once you find a select few that you may think is best, then go and try it all out first, because the last thing you want to do is buy something that someone says is really good, and then you get it, and then you find that you don't like it. So although it's cool to ask around, always make sure you try before you buy.

Now getting to your question, my recommendation for a good distortion pedal would be the BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone. It's extremely customizable in sound. but don't take my word for it. Go to your local music shop and test it out to see if you like it.

Hope you can find something you really like. There's nothing worse than trying to find your perfect sound, but just can't. Trust me, I know what that feels like.

Good luck in your search.