I'm thinking of getting a Coffin Case, 2 Livewire Cables, a DigiTech Metal Masters Distortion Pedal, and a amp that isn't 5x10 inches (i have a maestro amp and it sucks)

And i was wondering what eqiupment i should get for it and if the stuff i'm going to get is good fro playing metal type stuff. Also what kinda strings should i get?

THX again
Hi, welcome to UG. Please:
-Include your budget;
-Don't ask what strings to buy, you'll get a ton of preferences that aren't good for you;
-Be more specific about your genre, metal is very vague.
-Never mention the metal master again
I hope I didn't come across as rude, but especially for new users it's always a good idea to keep your head down until you've got a few months and posts under your belt.
Quote by Roc8995
-Include your budget;
-Don't ask what strings to buy, you'll get a ton of preferences that aren't good for you;
I hope I didn't come across as rude, but especially for new users it's always a good idea to keep your head down until you've got a few months and posts under your belt.

And then Colin makes teh pwns. Thanks man!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by Roc8995
-Include your budget;

- $250 and under
- I was wonder about the KFK string, but i don't know what is good
- why not?
You didn't
For 250, I think the Roland Cube 30 is still the go-to suggestion for metal. Someone will correct me if there's a better used option in that price range.
As far as strings, find a gauge that's comfortable to you, then stick with D'Addario or Ernie ball. Strings are cheap and you have to replace them regularly anyway so it's easy to experiment with those to find something you like.
The metal master is just a really, really bad pedal. If you have to get that much distortion from a single pedal, there's probably something lacking in your guitar/amp in the first place.
Quote by Roc8995
For 250, I think the Roland Cube 30 is still the go-to suggestion for metal. Someone will correct me if there's a better used option in that price range.
As far as strings, find a gauge that's comfortable to you, then stick with D'Addario or Ernie ball. Strings are cheap and you have to replace them regularly anyway so it's easy to experiment with those to find something you like.
The metal master is just a really, really bad pedal. If you have to get that much distortion from a single pedal, there's probably something lacking in your guitar/amp in the first place.

Then what kinda distortion pedal should i get?

well i kinda only have $85-100 for an amp cause the rest of it is for a case, cables and a distortion pedal.
get a roland cube. you wont need a pedal. it does metal on its own
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
thanks alot

i did not know that

i think i'm going to go with the 20x
Last edited by Blckspawn at Jul 6, 2008,