Do the screws on an HSS (fat) strat have a little different placement?

I bought an HSS pickguard on accident a long time ago, and i never even tried to put it on, but now i'm noticing, the screws don't line up correctly with the guitar.

My guitar's a Fender Starcaster, but i assure you a strat pickguard will fit on their, i bought one and it's on their right now, theres absolutely no difference.

So, is there some kind of different screw placement for these pickguards, or did i just get a crap pickguard.

***Check my Sig for pics... the "Fender Strat Parts" link***
O O

___
I am aware that there are subtle differences between genuine Fender pickguards and knock-off ones so be careful. If you are sure you have a real Fender HSS pickguard, i'm not sure why the screws would be mis-alligned.
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
There were several screw patterns used over the years. Warmoth has a desciption on their site.
Quote by shpangler
I am aware that there are subtle differences between genuine Fender pickguards and knock-off ones so be careful. If you are sure you have a real Fender HSS pickguard, i'm not sure why the screws would be mis-alligned.

Yeah, the thing is, i got it off eBay, so it could really be anything.

And if you notice in that thread in my sig, one screw hole should be right under the top screw hole of the pickup selector, but it's not, it's sort of beside it. and that's what got me wondering.
O O

___
some companies guards dont match up, like said.

you would need to drill into the body for some of the holes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Tackleberry
There were several screw patterns used over the years. Warmoth has a desciption on their site.

Okay, thank you alot. I checked out their website, and it said it was a Vintage 8-hole. Thank you very much.
O O

___