Those sticky lines of tape that Van Halen etc. use on their guitars to hold their picks.
Where can I get this, and how much, and will it ruin the finish?

I tend to drop my pick easily
I dropped it during a talent show at school this year... good thing it was right before a pause in the song XD
I have a pick holder that clips onto my strap, which IMO is much better, and most people just use double sided tape, and as for the finish depends, a polyurethane finish will ok, but a nitrocellulose finish might peel off.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
if you have a mic stand, or an stand around, just put some double sided tape on it. Or they actually make products for people like you, they make all kinds of pick holders.
O O

___
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I have a pick holder that clips onto my strap, which IMO is much better, and most people just use double sided tape, and as for the finish depends, a polyurethane finish will ok, but a nitrocellulose finish might peel off.

that sounds best, where did you get it?
Quote by RPGoof
that sounds best, where did you get it?

Some local guitar store, i've had it for like four years so I don't remember which, and I can't find it online. though I know a guy that keeps two of these http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Planet-Waves-Pick-Holder-with-LED-Light?sku=425314 clipped to his belt for gigs.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I think EVH used duck tape and folded it over. But most people use double sided tape.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

a good place to put it (for example like on a LP like i saw Slash doing it, thats how i learned it) is to put some sticky tape on the headstock so it sticks around the tuners. its hard to describe, but if any paint is gonna come flying off, its better that its up there where no one can see it. im using regular double sized scotch tape and im not having any problems, but that could change.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12