Page 1 of 2
I don't know, lately I've been getting into more pop/emo bands lately that frankly 2 years ago I would have hated myself for ever listening to. Because I considered myself one of those 'metal' kids.

I mean I still love metal but lately my tastes have gone through an immense hardcore listening phase and now I'm stuck on pop punk haha. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, I was just wondering if anybody else has gone through this phase/change whatever?
lots of people have. that just means that you were able to break out of your "shell" which is a very good thing.

I personally grew up listening to strictly country and classic rock. Fall Out Boy got me into this forumesque stuff. then this forum got me into a bunch of other bands. I grew to like metal and other heavier genres over time such as metallica and iron maiden and even some cannibal corpse and have ended up listening to anything from Metallica to Brad Paisley to All Time Low to Elton John to Jim Croce.

all in all though, it's the pop stylings that steal my heart.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Last edited by Its_Rock77 at Jul 5, 2008,
I like Minor Threat
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Sure, a while back I was into classic rock, grunge, and alternative stuff then I got into some hardcore/screamo stuff and now I'm really into Indie and Reggae.
Quote by Its_Rock77
lots of people have. that just means that you were able to break out of your "shell" which is a very good thing.

I personally grew up listening to strictly country and classic rock. Fall Out Boy got me into this forumesque stuff. then this forum got me into a bunch of other bands. I grew to like metal and other heavier genres over time such as metallica and iron maiden and even some cannibal corpse and have ended up listening to anything from Metallica to Brad Paisley to All Time Low to Elton John to Jim Croce.

all in all though, it's the pop stylings that steal my heart.

This.

And I love A7x and Protest the Hero...

and occasionally Atreyu

And I gew up listening to the same music...
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
I used to listen to alot of just emo/punk/metal music.
now i listen to all genres.
Just try and get into as many different bands as you can or you'll regret it.

I love discovering new music.
it's an infinite quest for knowledge in my eyes.
My music libary is over 400gb but i still don't know enough.
I love white guitars!
I know there's the standard progression into heavier music. I started with classic rock and worked my way into grunge then metal. And now Idk what now. Thanks to the wonders of the internet and my thirst to hear something new, I listen to anything that I can get my hands on haha.

I started talking to my sister a few days ago about Paramore, caused a serious wtf moment for her because I'd just seen Whitechapel the night before.
I listen to a lot of different kind of music.

Genres:
Rock, Pop Punk/pop rock, thrash/classic metal, metalcore, emo & screamo, hardcore punk, funk, indie, post hardcore

Genres I would like to get more into:
funk, dance (techno), hip hop, classical, reggae, jazz and blues, power violence, ska, grindcore

It seems like there is so much music I want to listen to, and I've been listening to like, at least a new album a day. There's so much good music, but so little time.

And Josh, stop listening to Cannibal Corpse this instant!
heck yes I listen to heavy music! i love korns new album!

But seriously, heck yes I listen to heavy music. I love Meshuggah's new album.
two and a half men.
Quote by IcePh0enix

Genres:
Rock, Pop Punk/pop rock, thrash/classic metal, metalcore, emo & screamo, hardcore punk, funk, indie, post hardcore

funk, dance (techno), hip hop, classical, reggae, jazz and blues, power violence, ska, grindcore

It seems like there is so much music I want to listen to, and I've been listening to like, at least a new album a day. There's so much good music, but so little time.

can't go wrong with wu tang.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Quote by tomohawkjoe
can't go wrong with wu tang.

Yeah I've been wanting to get some Wu Tang Clan, Tupac, Cypress Hill, and Beasty Boys (they're considered hip hop right?) albums.
I'll make sure to check them out thanks.

Grr, I know the lyric in your sig but I just can't quite put my finger on it. It's a Cap'n Jazz song right?
For hip hop I recommend Nas, Outkast, A Tribe Called Quest, Common, the Roots, Black Star

I know I'm forgetting a lot.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by IcePh0enix
Yeah I've been wanting to get some Wu Tang Clan, Tupac, Cypress Hill, and Beasty Boys (they're considered hip hop right?) albums.

Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) is intense as ****. Definitely check it out.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Quote by IcePh0enix
I'll make sure to check them out thanks.

Grr, I know the lyric in your sig but I just can't quite put my finger on it. It's a Cap'n Jazz song right?

I'm buying alphabetablahblahblah off of amazon!

I listened to that last night.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

go ahead. rub all your music in my face.

do it.

Quote by IcePh0enix

Get these:
Wu-tang clan-Enter the Wu tang ( 36 chambers )
Nas- illmatic
beastie boys- licensed it ill
Cypress hill- cypress hill
cypress hill- black sunday
public enemy- it takes a nation of millions to hold us back
public enemy- fear of a black planet
public enemy- apocalypse 91... the enemy strikes black
public enemy- greatest misses
notorious BIG- ready to die
NWA- straight outta compton

For the record, East cost totally owns west coast.
two and a half men.
Yeah.. not a really a big fan of the bands on this forum, only really interested in the screamo thread. Though, I do like Brand New's last two albums a lot (still can't stand their first).

The only pop punk I like are the Ergs, Daggermouth, etc.. and they don't seemed to be talked about much here.
also i'm really, really into Protest the Hero...

my fav band
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

Quote by IcePh0enix

Genres:

Seeing as Ska is my favorite genre (next to Metal that is) I'll help you get started with some good bands. Try The Skatalites, Desmond Dekker, The Specials, The Selecter and The Bodysnatchers for a starting point.

If you want something a bit newer, but is close to older 2 Tone Ska (The Specials, Selecter and Bodysnatchers are 2 Tone. The comes from most of the bands at the time being signed to the 2 Tone record label at some point or another.) check out The Slackers, King Django, Dave Hillyard & The Rocksteady 7, The Toasters and Hepcat.

Also, a bit newer, is the Third Wave of Ska, influenced by the 2 Tone era. Some good Third Wave ska bands are Streetlight Manifesto, Catch 22, The Aquabats!, Big D & the Kids Table, Mustard Plug, King Prawn and Mad Caddies.

If you're looking for something more Punk-ish check out Operation Ivy, Rancid, Choking Victim, Citizen Fish and Hub City Stompers.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by IcePh0enix
PTH are great.

I know, but I just listen to some SiKth today, that is some great stuff
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

Quote by IcePh0enix
Thanks for the ska recs CFH82.

No problem, hope you like 'em
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
I listen to Slipknot, COB, KoRn, Disturbed, SOAD, and other random metal and hardcore stuff. I liked metal before pop-punk, and still do, and Hardcore is my favorite genre (all styles, cept for rapcore, cause I hate rap)
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Yeh, I love things like Taking Back Sunday's earlier works, I adore Thursday, and The Get Up Kids, and Dashboard Confessional... etc., but I also love bands like Necrophagist, Dimmu Borgir, Opeth, Between The Buried and Me, The Red Chord, Dillinger Escape Plan....
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I listen to Slipknot, COB, KoRn, Disturbed, SOAD, and other random metal and hardcore stuff. I liked metal before pop-punk, and still do, and Hardcore is my favorite genre (all styles, cept for rapcore, cause I hate rap)

lol
two and a half men.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

looks to me like nu metal is your favorite genre and you don't like hardcore at all. lol.

anyway, icephoneix, the best wu-tang album is the killa bees. get on that.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c
looks to me like nu metal is your favorite genre and you don't like hardcore at all. lol.

Best Wu-Tang albums are most certainly 36 Chambers, OB4CL, Ironman, and Liquid Swordz.

Even the solos had just as many wu members featured as the group albums.
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
I might go see GZA in september, he is doing his 95' Liquid Swords release in it's entirety, i can't wait.

as for liking heavier tunes, lately i've been listening to Gaza and Jeromes Dream for a while. But i don't like pop-punk, i like emo, which is why i'm over in this little section.
Quote by pmeg568c

I was just throwing those bands name in as examples, besides them I hate nu-metal, hell, I don't consider any of them nu-metal at all.

I didn't name any hardcore bands cause I like too many.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Page 1 of 2