i am considering a guitar with a flat black finish and i just want to know if flat finishes end up looking sloppy with fingerprints or if they're not as bad as i'd expect. thanks.
Originally posted by Geetarbumb
I think your screwed ! You should quit guitar and take up the skin flute!
no, you can hardly see them on a good matte finished guitar.
I can't stand watching people waste their money on horrible gear.
thanks for the reply. 79 views and only one reply.. anyone else have experience with a flat black finish?
I dont have any experience, but i was thinking of painting mine flat black too. should look pretty good i think. maybe make an aluminum pick guard
I had the flat black Schecter Damien for a while and I personally though fingerprints showed up pretty well on it.
crazy talking animals
Flat black? Does that mean the black that's not glossy? If that's the case, the guitars i've played like that didn't show fingerprints nearly as much as glossy finishes.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

yeah, the black that's not glossy.. it doesn't shine, it's somewhat metallic and cold looking but not sparkly, just "flat"

thanks for more replies
Hate to bring it back up, but I just got a Damien 6 and was wondering what you guys would recommend in cleaning something with a flat black finish. Thanks!
Guitar:
Jackson DK2T Dinky
Schecter Damien 6
Ibanez ARC100-BS w/ Seymour Duncan JB
Amp:
Roland Cube 30x
my Loomis has a flat/satin red finish and I can't see any fingerprints whatsoever after I've used it!
But after a while grease stains will appear, but you can use some cloth to get them off!

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
I have a flat black Jackson RR, and there are virtually zero visable finger prints on it.