Alright... So I just bought myself a Fender Deluxe Player's Stratocaster.

It plays awesome, and has the sound that I love. I'm in love with it.

It has a sapphire transparent blue finish with gold hardware, and a maple neck.

('cept with a maple neck)

Now my problem is tuning. Every time I tune up and start playing, within 2 minutes of playing, the high E string comes out of tune. I absolutely hate retuning, let alone so often. I don't know what the problem is.

The guitar was set up in a Fender Authorised Dealer (Which won Best Fender Shop 2008). I took it home, and it had the tuning issue. I took it back, and they set it up again, and put 10's on it. I brought it home and I still have tuning issues. Annnnnd that shop is about 45 minutes away from where I live, so going back isn't an option.

What is the problem, and how do I fix it?
When the music's over, turn out the lights.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
dude new strings on a new guitar, let them break in if its still like that in a few days (of you actually playing it not just letting it sit around) then you may have a problem

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Trust me, I've been playing everything I can on it for 3 weeks. The strings themselves are a week old with about 2 hours each day of playing on them.

I do notice when I tune the high E string sometimes, I'll hear a little noise... Like when you pick above the nut on the strings...

What is that?
When the music's over, turn out the lights.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
lube the nut and string tree. just because the high e is going outta tune does not mean it's the string thats binding or causing the tuning issue. make sure that all the strings are sliding thru the nut and not binding. you might have to file a little on the nut since you went to larger strings.
Quote by ZedLeppy
I do notice when I tune the high E string sometimes, I'll hear a little noise... Like when you pick above the nut on the strings...

What is that?

That's the string binding in the nut, which means the nut wasn't cut properly, which means that "Best Fender shop of 2008" is actually run by a bunch of stupid monkeys.