does the amp/pedal have anything at all to do with the pitch or squeally-ness of the harmonic?I know how and can do them,they just sound really weak.They actually sound better when my guitar isn't amplified or on my acoustics.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." HST
Lots of gain and treble i imagine would make them ring better.
Gear:

Guitars:
Strat rip off
G-400 alpine white (signed by Coheed & Cambria)
ESP MF-207
RG350DX

Amp:
Crate V50 112

Effects
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
lots and lots of gain I can;t do em worth a **** with my amp they so bad....but my friends distortion pedal however = much better
all I have now is a small peavey practice amp.
you have to have a humbucker in the bridge position to pull them off well. thicker strings with thicker picks help you do them better. then crank the distortion up and set the equalization so the treble and bass is high, and the mids are scooped out. that should definately help.
Not necessarily. You can do pinch harmonics clean or even on an acoustic guitar. That being said, tone can affect how pronounced they are when they come out. Generally, you want lots of gain and treble when you want a good loud squeal. Just fiddle with it until you get a sound you like, but make sure your technique is solid before you start adjusting knobs.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
what does scooped mean in reference to "mids are scooped" ect., ect.?I'm new to electric guitar and I don't get some of the lingo.
ok, it means you take out all the middle. ex. on an amp there are typically three knobs: high (treble), mids, low (bass). turn the bass and high all the way up and turn the mids all the way down. thats what that means.
also try doing it in different places on the strings because there are certain sweet spots. and i would suggest youtube, it can be very helpful.
Its in ur fingers. I had Overdrive with the gain on 5 or higher and Real Thick Stringes(like .14s) and Real Thick picks (Like 2.0) And i stillcould do them.
Pickups can affect it.....I can't pinch on my Telecaster's single coil but turn the volume down all the way and I can pinch...it's weird....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by grimguitarist91
ok, it means you take out all the middle. ex. on an amp there are typically three knobs: high (treble), mids, low (bass). turn the bass and high all the way up and turn the mids all the way down. thats what that means.

+1

Some players say that a power chord is built on 2 tones ..so it doesnt need mids
at all...only bass and treble..

A lot of players also say that scooping the mids keeps the guitar from getting lost in the mix...but i cant see that happening unless you are playing a riff on the low string of a Les Paul tuned to Drop-C on top of an identical bass riff. (LP's can get really low)

I myself like mids. They add crunch to your tone..but some most players dont like that crispy sound.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
I think the amp plays a big part here, I could never do pinches with my first 15W fender amp, but with the same guitar they came out nicely in my next amp.
Quote by DieGarbageMan

how could you not forsee the rise of surskits!

Quote by CaptainRon
One second let me just ask my penis.

Reel Big Fish: 20/02.09
Rise Against: 22/02/09