Page 1 of 2
I have been thinking about just starting to smoke a cigar maybe once every few months. But I have a few questions first.....

Will I get addicted to cigars?? If I only puff them for the flavor, and dont inhale.

What are some good cigars that are fairly cheap?

How many cigars would it take me to get mouth cancer???

Thanks!

(and I swear, if there are any comments that are like "smoking is bad for you" or something along those lines, I will....
1)Report you

and

2) Fill your inbox with goatse related pictures.

Thank you and have a nice day
You don't inhale cigars anyway.
They will destroy your mouth.
Try some out and find what you like best.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Cigars are really nice. I'm not addicted to them. I inhale (I don't know why you wouldn't). They're quite nice.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
id recommend getting a strawberry dutchmaster, then emptying it out, and replace the tobacco with weed... then smoke
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
I quit smoking a couple of years ago.

It really becomes boring after a while.

Plus, it has no upsides.

Like, at all.
she
just
happens
to
date
the
prince
of
darkness
Quote by metal4all
Cigars are really nice. I'm not addicted to them. I inhale (I don't know why you wouldn't). They're quite nice.

You inhale cigars? Damn, they're harsh as **** for me. But cigars are great for social occasions, even a black and mild is nice every once in a while. I don't know much about them, but Phillies and Swisher Sweets are nice, cheaper cigars along with black and milds.
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
11th chords are for fags.
smoking any nicotine product will only get you addicted if you really make a habit out of it, if you smoke a cigar every day for three months, that might be an issue. but controlling your substance, like youve said with the "every few months" is fine.

im a pack of cigarettes per month sort of guy, its not that hard to control.

edit: mouth cancer? if you can get mouth cancer before youre 35 with cigars then ill give you a gold star, it would be impressive. point is, if its controlled, cancerous growths wont really occur
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Last edited by spiderjerusalem at Jul 5, 2008,
Quote by Beakwithteeth
It is not what you generally do as I understand it.

True. Everyone says you're not supposed to. I never knew why. I inhale anyways.

I like my purchase not too long ago of this cigar called "La Cubana Gloria". It looks really nice and was pretty cheap. I'm keepin it for a good day.

Edit: ^You like B&M's?? They taste like cardboard to me. Invest in a good priced cigar that has good reviews (people have reviews of them online) and try it. It's worth it.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I don't smoke cigars regularly, although they are nice. I do however smoke a pipe (tobacco burning variety) on a regular basis and absolutely love pipe smoking. It is a great pastime and hobby and an awesome way to relieve stress and just relax.
I personally find the smell of cigars repulsive. I don't mind cigarettes, and I like the smell of pot, but cigars just smell terrible to me.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by metal4all

Edit: ^You like B&M's?? They taste like cardboard to me. Invest in a good priced cigar that has good reviews (people have reviews of them online) and try it. It's worth it.

I can't stand B&M's they make me sick lol. Hate the taste, unfortunately they are all my friends smoke.
I'm not telling you to smoke at all, but Smoking maybe one a month probably won't lead to any permanent side effects. My Doctorate isn't in Medicine, though.

However, since it is a nicotine product, there is still the subtle chance you will become addicted, and that is how the adverse side effects come into play. I suggest not doing it.

Smoking isn't really that enjoyable anyways. Chew a tooth pick or something.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
I'm no connoisseur, but I enjoy the occasional cigar. I recall having one last summer that was called "Punch" or something along those lines. It was a decent tasting cigar and was only $5-10.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
I've been a cigar smoker for the last 10 years....
If you inhale, you will get sick.
As far as mouth cancer goes, it can happen to anyone at anytime, so its a crap shoot.

It would really depend on the type of smoke you are looking for.
I personally like a light to medium cigar for after dinner, and something a bit spicier when I am chilling.

If you are looking to try some different cigars from the same brand, CAO makes a good variety. You should try the CAO Gold, Anniversary, or Cirrollo for light to medium, and for something a bit darker, I like the Brazil or the Double Maduros. These should only set you back about $4-$5 each.

Dont go for any of that flavor cigars, they are crap.
Gear

EB MusicMan JP6 - Pearl White
Gibson LP Studio - Silverburst
Schecter C-1 Classic - Quilted Blue
Schecter Banshee (x2) - Marine Blue
Taylor GS-Mini
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Half Stack
Line 6 HD500
Quote by rock_and_blues
I don't smoke cigars regularly, although they are nice. I do however smoke a pipe (tobacco burning variety) on a regular basis and absolutely love pipe smoking. It is a great pastime and hobby and an awesome way to relieve stress and just relax.

not to mention that it makes you look like one classy mother****er.
To the people talking about cancer, if you limit your inhaling or eliminate it, and regularly get your mouth checked for cancer, you really should decrease your risks. Also foods with a lot of antioxidants and a healthy diet and exercise will really improve your chances. Smoking is a great hobby and pastime and is a great way to bring people together. I've never liked cigarettes, always liked the more traditional forms of smoking.
Fuck inhaling. If you want to inhale, smoke a cigarette.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by Beakwithteeth
not to mention that it makes you look like one classy mother****er.

That's 100% true. Nothing says "Get in the kitchen" like a pipe and a beard (both of which I have). This is to say those are both very manly, not that wife beaters exclusively wear beards and smoke pipes. Poor choice of words on my part, but I thought it was funny.
Last edited by rock_and_blues at Jul 5, 2008,
I've smoked a few cigars. I do inhale, otherwise, there's little point. I mean, sure, the taste is nice, but why not inhale a bit and get a nice buzz too? It's nothing compared to a weed high but it has its own merits.

I think that if you smoke a cigar every few months, you'll be fine, even if you do inhale.
Quote by guitarmannn

How many cigars would it take me to get mouth cancer???

4(pi).

Quote by guitarmannn

(and I swear, if there are any comments that are like "smoking is bad for you" or something along those lines, I will....
1)Report you

and

2) Fill your inbox with goatse related pictures.

Smoking is bad for you. Go ahead and try it.

On topic, my friends all smoke the dutchmaster brand. They say they are decent for the price. Me though, I smoke Asthma.
just a question. just been interested on how you aquire cuban cigars? if i was gonna smoke a cigar i would want it to be a really classy brand. how do you get them?
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
I cant understand how people smoke drug store "cigars" such as B&M, Dutchmasters, Phillies, etc....these are crap. The majority of the flavor on a cigar comes from the wrapper. All these crappy cigars use processed "wrappers" and are only good to wrap other non-tobacco products. I understand that they are cheap, however you would have to smoke a real cigar to really enjoy them.
Gear

Taylor GS-Mini
Line 6 HD500
Quote by ZanasCross

On topic, my friends all smoke the dutchmaster brand. They say they are decent for the price. Me though, I smoke Asthma.

I have asthma as well, and smoke regularly. I find by doing aerobic exercise to strengthen my lungs as well as good diet help my symptoms and almost completely eliminate them. I always keep my fast acting inhaler on me, and in case I ever begin to have symptoms (it usually takes two full bowels of a pipe and a cigarette or small cigar, more than I typically ever smoke other than every once in a while with my friends) I take a puff or two and feel fine. Asthma should not debilitate you, it should just keep you on your toes. I have very severe asthma as well and nearly died several times as a child because of severe attacks.
I kinda want to try it now because of this thread:

After all the people saying don't inhale... maybe I shouldn't anymore? lol.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by HoldFastHope
I've smoked a few cigars. I do inhale, otherwise, there's little point. I mean, sure, the taste is nice, but why not inhale a bit and get a nice buzz too? It's nothing compared to a weed high but it has its own merits.

I think that if you smoke a cigar every few months, you'll be fine, even if you do inhale.

The nicotine in the smoke will slowly absorb into your mouth tissues if you hold the smoke in. I find that cigars don't give a nice nicotine buzz, nothing like cigarettes.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by metal4all

After all the people saying don't inhale... maybe I shouldn't anymore? lol.

I would recommend just limiting your amount of inhalation. I enjoy the buzz I get from inhaling as well, but I limit it to about a 3:1 ratio. 3 quick puffs to 1 deep inhale. It still gives me a nice buzz without inhaling quite as much.
Quote by Dimefan69
just a question. just been interested on how you aquire cuban cigars? if i was gonna smoke a cigar i would want it to be a really classy brand. how do you get them?

If you live in the US, it would be difficult to get an actual Cuban due to the embargo. If you go down to Mexico, you can possibly bring back a few, as long as you take the Band off of it, so its not identifiable. Personally, I think Cubans are overhyped. You can get plenty of decent cigars that still use Cuban seed fill. Also Dominican cigars are just as good.

If you are 18 yrs old, you can walk into any cigar store and pick anyone out.

I can also recommend some of the Romeo y Julieta varieties, Macanudo, Gurkha, Cohiba, Montecristo, Punch, CAO.
Gear

Taylor GS-Mini
Line 6 HD500
Smokey Mountain Sweets aren't too bad if you want something cheap. Havana Honeys aren't bad either. Ram Rods are okay if you prefer dry cigars. And they aren't addicting. So don't worry about that part of it.
Meh....
Yeaahh buddayy.

Smoking cigars pretty much nonstop over the last few months. At first you question why you're even doing it because you're most often not even getting a slight buzz, but the social aspect of just chillin on a stogey is worth it. Nothing like sitting around a camp fire with a nice cigar. You're not going to get cancer if u smoke them once a month, theyre not addictive, I used to be getting truckloads of them for free and never got addicted. If it's your first time and its a good cigar your mouth might feel a little numb and you might get a slight headrush. I'd suggest romeo y juliets, they are by far my favourite.
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I

The Sky Is The Limit
Cigars are absolutely delicious! What's not to like? Nothing beats sitting on the porch with a buddy or two just hangin' out, smoking a stoggee. If you're able to get a Cuban, do it but be sure to get a fine quality one. What's the point of having a Cuban if it's not top notch?
cigars are the only thing i'll smoke.

swisher sweets are teh best and pretty cheap.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Quote by MetalMegaMan
cigars are the only thing i'll smoke.

swisher sweets are teh best and pretty cheap.

If you enjoy cigars so much, why not try a pipe? They are a great alternative, I personally prefer them.
^Yeah, pipes are good. That's how you smoke with class, haha. I loathe cigarettes though.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Page 1 of 2