Alright, so I'm new to the electric guitar. I'm looking to own one pretty soon. So far the Schecter's have made me very happy. But I've found 4 different Schecter's that I'm having trouble seeing the difference of.

So first is the C-1 Classic, priced $749
Next is the C-1 FR, priced $499
Third is the C-1 Hellraiser, priced at $699
And finally the C-1 Hellraiser FR, priced at $849

Now I heard the C-1 Classic is a great guitar for a newbie especially at its price. But then I saw a Youtube video of the awesome C-1 Hellraiser FR, but I couldn't really spot much difference except for the tremolo. Then I researched the normal C-1 FR, looks like the Hellraiser version. And then I researched the Hellraiser, which looks like the Classic, but with three knob thingys.

So yeah, what's the differences between these guitars, and which one would be best for a electric guitar beginner like me? (I've played acoustic for 6 months, not too good, only play casually)
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
I think they have different pickups and over all better parts. They can look the same, but that doesn't mean they will play of sound the same. Schecters an honest company though, if the price is higher, its most likely better.
the hellraiser will be more of an all out metal guitar. it won't do other styles very well. it is an AMAZING guitar for metal though, while the classic will be more versatile
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
jeez man, look at the specs.
everythings different;
pickups, woods, neck construction, bridges, nuts, et al.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Schecters are great, reliable guitars, The Omen 6 was my first guitar (300$) it plays and sounds great, I rarely have to tune it, it holds it very well, even with lots of bending, and the pickups are pretty good for stock ones, great pinch harmonics off of them. I'm not up on all their expensiver guitars though. The Omen 6 is a great guitar to look at as your first, it will last you a while before you'll need an upgrade.
The pickups are different in the Classic than in the Hellraiser. The Classic also is neck-thru, whereas the Hellraiser is set-neck. 3 piece mahogany in the Hellraiser neck, multi-ply maple/walnut in the Classic. FR stands for Floyd Rose, I don't think there is any other difference than that. Classic has a lot of inlay work. IMO the Classic is better because of the amount of inlay, neck thru and different woods used. More attention on that guitar. Although it is extremely close because the Hellraiser has some real good electronics, all active. The C-1 is a bolt-on neck, minimal inlay and looks, Duncan Designed electronics.
I wanna grab a C-1 Plus, Blackjack or Lady Luck. Although the Plus has a different scale.
Quote by impeachpedro10
the hellraiser will be more of an all out metal guitar. it won't do other styles very well. it is an AMAZING guitar for metal though, while the classic will be more versatile

Hmm, alright. The Hellraiser might not be for me then... I play punk and rock songs like RHCP or easy stuff like blink182. And sometimes "attractive for the ladies" songs like Tears in Heaven or Fix You.

But do you know what's with the FR? All I see is a tremolo and its priced $150 more.
Quote by PhoenixFear
The pickups are different in the Classic than in the Hellraiser. The Classic also is neck-thru, whereas the Hellraiser is set-neck. 3 piece mahogany in the Hellraiser neck, multi-ply maple/walnut in the Classic. FR stands for Floyd Rose, I don't think there is any other difference than that. Classic has a lot of inlay work. IMO the Classic is better because of the amount of inlay, neck thru and different woods used. More attention on that guitar. Although it is extremely close because the Hellraiser has some real good electronics, all active. The C-1 is a bolt-on neck, minimal inlay and looks, Duncan Designed electronics.
I wanna grab a C-1 Plus, Blackjack or Lady Luck. Although the Plus has a different scale.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Really helps.

So what's a C-1 Plus? Oh and I might as well know about the Blackjack as well.
The Plus is, IMO a midgrade version of the C-1. It has a 24.75" scale, Duncan Designed pickups, etc. The Blackjack looks minimal. Same MSRP as the Plus at $869, but black, dot inlays, uncovered '59/JB Seymour pickups, maple neck instead of the 3-piece mahogany neck that the Plus has, but is a 25.5" scale. Both set-neck.
I have a question about the scales. Which is better and why? I know that sounds to be almost impossible to really answer but I don't understand the whole 25.5" scale thing. Both guitars have 24 jumbo frets, ultra-access.
Everything that's been said is spot on and I'd agree with everything. I can't really add much other than saying that whoever told you a C-1 Classic is a n00b guitar should stick their finger up their ass and push until he bleeds thru his eye.

That's mean, but they aren't n00b guitars, is the point
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

You asked about why the Floyd Rose is such a big deal. Idk about the Classic, but I know the C-1 FR Hellraiser has an original floyd rose tremolo, which is more or less always better than a cheaper licensed floyd rose. They allow you to do all those dive bomb effects and squeals and whatnot. I'm assuming you knew that , but considering you said you played accoustic your first few months, I'm just making sure.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
well in all honesty, u dont need a guitar THAT expensive if u barely know how to play and u DEFINITELY dont want a floyd. i suggest sumthing like the schecter damien 6, sweet guitar good price
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by seizetheday1103
well in all honesty, u dont need a guitar THAT expensive if u barely know how to play and u DEFINITELY dont want a floyd. i suggest sumthing like the schecter damien 6, sweet guitar good price

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree. Getting a floyd rose is definitely something you don't wanna have to deal with when you first get a guitar. It's also not wise to anything terribly expensive either. Try and find as close to a quality guitars as you can at maybe a $200-$400 budget (just somewhat plausible numbers, feel free to correct me if anyone thinks theres a better price range for beginner guitars). A lot of what you choose is also based on what style you're going to be aiming for. I'd definitely go for something with an HSS (Humbucker Single-coil Single coil) configuration considering you like stuff like the RHCP and Blink 182.
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Quote by Mlrc
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree. Getting a floyd rose is definitely something you don't wanna have to deal with when you first get a guitar. It's also not wise to anything terribly expensive either. Try and find as close to a quality guitars as you can at maybe a $200-$400 budget (just somewhat plausible numbers, feel free to correct me if anyone thinks theres a better price range for beginner guitars). A lot of what you choose is also based on what style you're going to be aiming for. I'd definitely go for something with an HSS (Humbucker Single-coil Single coil) configuration considering you like stuff like the RHCP and Blink 182.

Ok.. well for my first guitar I want something good and reliable. I am willing to spend up to $1000 on my first guitar, but if you think its not worth it, than that's fine...

But in the 200-400 budget, the only decent guitar I can think of is the Epiphone G-400 SG... What about a Fender Standard HSS Stratcoaster? That's just over, its around $450-500.
thats a very impressive budget for someone who has only been play for such a short amount of time. then again i shouldn't be talking lol. do you have a decent amp to work with? if not then you should add a amp to that 1000 budget of yours. remember is the amp that you get your tone from.
Quote by kckyle
thats a very impressive budget for someone who has only been play for such a short amount of time. then again i shouldn't be talking lol. do you have a decent amp to work with? if not then you should add a amp to that 1000 budget of yours. remember is the amp that you get your tone from.

I just want to get a good quality guitar for my first. Don't want something that's gonna die in a month. But yeah the amp would be part of that $1000 budget. It's either the Schecter C-1 Classic, the Epiphone G-400 SG or Les Paul, or a Fender Standard Stratocaster... I just think the Schecter is the nicest - of course I haven't tried them out at the store yet, so I should do that soon.

So uhh, what would be a good amp to buy? (Good quality, good sound, good reliability, good price, good for beginners...)
I just really think it's not worth it to spend $1000 on your first electric. You should get a cheaper, but somewhat reliable guitar to start, and save your money until you really know more about electric guitars. It also isn't worth it to spend that much when you still don't know what style you're going to be most comfortable playing or what style you find the most enjoyable. That's why I suggested an HSS Strat, it's quite a versatile guitar, at least in my opinion, and it's good for discovering what sort of style you'll want to be playing. And never underestimate Squier brand guitars, especially the Affinity series. While they're hopefully not the best guitar will own in a lifetime, they're an excellent introduction to electric guitar. Amp wise, I really can't help you out, though, I'd suggest you spend more on the amp then the guitar, as a lot of your tone really comes from the amp.
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
Quote by Mlrc
I just really think it's not worth it to spend $1000 on your first electric. You should get a cheaper, but somewhat reliable guitar to start, and save your money until you really know more about electric guitars. It also isn't worth it to spend that much when you still don't know what style you're going to be most comfortable playing or what style you find the most enjoyable. That's why I suggested an HSS Strat, it's quite a versatile guitar, at least in my opinion, and it's good for discovering what sort of style you'll want to be playing. And never underestimate Squier brand guitars, especially the Affinity series. While they're hopefully not the best guitar will own in a lifetime, they're an excellent introduction to electric guitar. Amp wise, I really can't help you out, though, I'd suggest you spend more on the amp then the guitar, as a lot of your tone really comes from the amp.

Yeah, lately I have been leaning toward the HSS Strat, because I hear its can fit in with many genres, and its a good well-rounded guitar. However, I think I'm going to go with the MiM Fender HSS Stratocaster, because I kind of figured out my style after playing acoustic almost a year now. I am really committed to guitar now, and I think a decent guitar - $300-$400 more than the beginner Squier guitar - would be best for me.