Hello there. I'm fairly new to guitars, and I was wondering what kind of pickups would be best suited to playing Hard Rock or Metal music. Some bands I'm interested in playing are Seether, System of a Down, Incubus, and others, but once I get better I'd like to play music from more metal-ish bands like Children of Bodom, In Flames, or As I Lay Dying. If anybody has some suggestions, they'd be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I'm looking into buying a new guitar as well, I have a Squier Jagmaster, but am looking for something more "heavy" in tone, so any suggestions there would be welcome as well, thanks!
What kinda amp do you have?
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Go for Humbuckers. Check out some Semour Duncans, Invader, JB, Dimebucker or EMG active pups
Blindfold her telling her that she is going to get a surprise, then proceed to take off your pants and stick your penis in her nostrils.
We still need to know his amp.
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Ok, um, it was actually a friend of mine's, it's a small Peavey Rage 158. I don't really know much about it, I might want to get a new one.
Quote by fecefeast
Go for Humbuckers. Check out some Semour Duncans, Invader, JB, Dimebucker or EMG active pups

Fail! With the exception of the SD JB, all of these suggestions sound like complete ****.

Get a new amp - first off. And if/when you get a new guitar stay clear of EMG pickups - if you do want actives get the Seymour Duncan Blackouts... they are far superior in tone compared to EMGs.
Thanks for the help guys, I checked out that amp on the Roland website, I think it looks pretty good for what I need; not too big and has a bunch of cool features. Oh, I forgot to ask, with an amp like that would I need an effects/distortion pedal?
it has built in effects. so for starters, you wont need a pedal yet. for the pickup, go for Duncans like the Full Shred, Custom or JB.\

EDIT : get a better guitar with good pickups installed instead of buying pickups for your squier. you'll be happier with that.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Last edited by leviticus_22953 at Jul 8, 2008,
insteada of buying new ups just buy a new guitar, try an LTD or Jackson or Epihpne to start with, also buy that roland cube 60 first.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Fail! With the exception of the SD JB, all of these suggestions sound like complete ****.

Get a new amp - first off. And if/when you get a new guitar stay clear of EMG pickups - if you do want actives get the Seymour Duncan Blackouts... they are far superior in tone compared to EMGs.

Fanboy much?
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Ok, I'm looking at an EC-50, I read some reviews on the site here, and I like what people have said.