Recently, without any reason (as far as I know) my guitar acquired a strange unwanted guitar tone. This only occurs when I run my guitar through my effects chain (but not when i plug from guitar to amp). I use those metal coupler cables that go guitar-original wah- big muff pi- small stone- digidelay- amp. Even on my clean channels theres distortion and my sound is sooo squished it sounds like I have 30 compressors running with it. Please help!
its probably one of the pedals.

runthem guitar pedalx amp then try guitar pedaly amp then guitar pedalz amp etc

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

id guess it isnt your guitar, as it doesnt do that when plugged straight into your amp. it could be a cable, but unlikely imo.

check to see that its not one of your pedals. take one at a time and play thru it. make sure the batteries arent dead either, my mt-2 kills my tone if it is dead and not plugged in.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
id guess it isnt your guitar, as it doesnt do that when plugged straight into your amp. it could be a cable, but unlikely imo.

check to see that its not one of your pedals. take one at a time and play thru it. make sure the batteries arent dead either, my mt-2 kills my tone if it is dead and not plugged in.

+1 but wtf is IMO???
wow thx TK1 thinking back, my gf clicked my small stone today (wow, that sounded awesome) and i took that out and that was the problem! thx so much
In
My
Opinion

Or my fave IMHO, which just adds an 'Honest' in there.