Incredibly melancholic and atmospheric melodic death/doom with a progressive flair, From Below is one of the better albums in this genre. The songs all have a large focus on acoustic sections and clean vocals, and said clean parts are amazing. I highly recommend this band to fans of early Katatonia, Opeth (definitely), Agalloch (to an extent), Daylight Dies, and basically anything depressing and melodic.

Enjoy.

http://www.myspace.com/thefallofeveryseason
I've known about this guy for awhile now. For anyone who doesn't know he's a single musician in the vain of Vlad from Mirrorthrone. Does everything himself. Amazing music, really strong atmosphere. From Below is pure awesomeness.

And Broadsword I must commend you on your musical tastes. Always seem to be listening to the same **** as me lol.
Pretty good stuff.

This is probably my favorite style of metal.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Yeah, this guy could be the next Vladimir Cochet. Really great stuff here.

Real Opeth vibe.
Progressive melodic death/doom? Really? You guys have nothing better to do than to sit around and classify everything into these ridiculous subsubgenres?

And the band sounds like a big, wet fart.
I miss Morbid, the metal forum sucks now
Quote by rockybo
Progressive melodic death/doom? Really? You guys have nothing better to do than to sit around and classify everything into these ridiculous subsubgenres?

And the band sounds like a big, wet fart.

It's progressive because it flows between acoustic and distorted passages, has complicated song structure, and is intellectually written. It's melodic because it has ****ing melody. It's death because of the vocals and doom because of the song tempos, atmospheres, and overall composition.

Hey, what do you know, he used all those words to describe the band, maybe to, I dunno, give people an idea of what it sounds like. There's a ****ing idea.
Cant say I like it really, although I find that amazing he wrote/played all the instruments by himself.
Quote by metal7690

And Broadsword I must commend you on your musical tastes. Always seem to be listening to the same **** as me lol.

This is true, I always find myself saying "hey he likes that band too."

On topic, listening to From Below; very nice and "Limbs"-y.
Pound for pound, I am the most vicious of all.
Sounds interesting. I'll listen to it tomorrow if I get the chance, as I want to go to bed now.
Quote by metal7690
I've known about this guy for awhile now. For anyone who doesn't know he's a single musician in the vain of Vlad from Mirrorthrone. Does everything himself. Amazing music, really strong atmosphere. From Below is pure awesomeness.

Does it sound anything like Mirrorthrone?
I've known this band for quite a while now. One of those bands you get recommended by someone every two weeks if you have Opeth/Agalloch in your charts at last.fm. I think this guy has written some good material but somehow I don't often listen to it. Probably because it lacks originality and like bands as In mourning or the Morningside I just prefer to put on some Opeth or Agalloch instead.
Quote by HopeLeaves_35
This is true, I always find myself saying "hey he likes that band too."

On topic, listening to From Below; very nice and "Limbs"-y.

thats just what i was thinking, that opening solo sounds a lot like it
Lol @ fail troll.

Quote by metal7690

That's probably because I love anything progressive and melodic. Best type of metal, in my opinion.

Quote by InfiniteSadness
I've known this band for quite a while now. One of those bands you get recommended by someone every two weeks if you have Opeth/Agalloch in your charts at last.fm. I think this guy has written some good material but somehow I don't often listen to it. Probably because it lacks originality and like bands as In mourning or the Morningside I just prefer to put on some Opeth or Agalloch instead.

Indeed, while The Fall of Every Season isn't exactly innovative or genre defying, I find it's good enough to hold its own with the biggies. I'd much rather listen to this band than most others in the genre. Not to mention it's a one-man band, as Metal7690 pointed out.
Ok seriously, this needs a major thread revival, this band is amazing haha.
Commando of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join maggot!

I