I need some help!

On my band's MySpace has a banner at the top and some links underneath, now as you can see I've just stuck those links under using basic html. I just used <br> and pasted the code to the links /images.

this doesnt work in another browser or internet explorer however! It comes up fine on my firefox but on another browser it wont look right and the third and fourth links are on a seperate line. Hmm.. I hope that makes sense. if not just take a look, I wont post the link - thats spam - but its in my sig anyway)

Anyway if somene could help me out with fixing this problem I'd really appreciate it!
I've been here since '04.

come on, i learned webdesign like 5 years ago and i never touched HTML

paste it on frontpage and fix it, then copy the HTML he generates after, without <html> <head> <body> and such "main" tags
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by the_extremist00
come on, i learned frontpage like 5 years ago and i never touched HTML

Fixed.

Without looking at it, that's what <br> does, creates a line break.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
You have a random <left> tag in there that I don't see a use for, but I haven't looked at it in detail.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
I'm using IE and it looks fine in my browser, all the buttons look to be in the right place and working.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by shredder.cheese
I'm using IE and it looks fine in my browser, all the buttons look to be in the right place and working.

hmm when I or my friends view it in IE the add and comement links work but the others are hidden and on a seperate line beneath an advertisement :/ what I want is all 4 links on the same line. (to the guy who said its because i used <br> my br tag comes after the banner, i want the links of a seperate line to the banner but on the same line as each other)

I think its that I need to put it in some sort of table. But when i tired that on frontpage the table was actually visible :/

Being good with HTML has nothing with being good with configuring myspace, mind you.

Also, it's hard to be "good" with HTML Either you know it, or you don't.
I'm a communist. Really.
The easiest solution would be to decrease the size of the images a few pixels. Most notably on the ADD image since it's not an equal distance away from the others. And I assume this will work as I believe it's becoming out of allignment due to having too many pixels on one line. I could be wrong however.

Quote by Raziel2p
Being good with HTML has nothing with being good with configuring myspace, mind you.

Please, explain this to me. Seeing as all of the visual configuration is done through HTML and maybe a bit of CSS.
D:
Signature.
Last edited by Atomic48 at Jul 6, 2008,
<TABLE>
<TR><TD>Image1</TD><TD>Image2</TD><TD>Image3</TD><TD>Image4</TD></TR>
</TABLE>
Quote by Atomic48
The easiest solution would be to decrease the size of the images a few pixels. Most notably on the ADD image since it's not an equal distance away from the others. And I assume this will work as I believe it's becoming out of allignment due to having too many pixels on one line. I could be wrong however.

Please, explain this to me. Seeing as all of the visual configuration is done through HTML and maybe a bit of CSS.

So simple and yet i think that may be the problem. Does that mean firefix must show images at a slightly different size to other browsers then :s strange!

I'm pretty sure IE's interface is just a few pixels thinner vertically than Firefoxes, in which case you'd be right on the edge.
D:
Signature.
Quote by Atomic48

Allright... Configuring myspace is more about knowing the right tricks than knowing how to write proper HTML. If your myspace modifications don't work, it's rarely because of poor HTML, more often because you're using the wrong tricks. Knowlege of HTML doesn't do you very much good in configuring myspace, except you'll recognize the tags and possibly understand the thought behind it a bit more, but you'll still have to find out the right tricks - usually done by googling stuff. Knowlege of myspace configuration doesn't do you any good in writing your own HTML web pages, either, because the tricks required will do you no good outside the myspace context. Hope that's understandable.

EDIT: In your example, the HTML you're using is fine. No kind of HTML logic would imply that those links should be on two seperate lines. What's needed is probably some kind of knowlege of how myspace pages are built up and work to understand how your problem can occur - and unless someone with HTML knowlege is willing to read the entire source code, you'll probably have to find the trick by trial and error. Or google.
I'm a communist. Really.
Last edited by Raziel2p at Jul 6, 2008,
nice use of birth of a hero
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]
Sure there will be constricting elements on your HTML due to the restrictions that the MySpace coordinators put into effect, but HTML is HTML. Sure you can Google how to do something and it'll work even if you have no knowledge of HTML, but the person who posted that information knew what they were doing, and it wasn't just a crapshoot. Although it may take no skill to copy and paste a layout, someone had the skill to make it and code it.

Final Product's Simplicity =/= Creation Process' Simplicity
D:
Signature.
Quote by iimjpii
<TABLE>
<TR><TD>Image1</TD><TD>Image2</TD><TD>Image3</TD><TD>Image4</TD></TR>
</TABLE>

I missed this first time I read down the page. It worked though! Thanks