hey, i have a Boss Overdrive (OSB-3) pedal..and i cant get a good sound at all for it..i was wondering if anyother bassist or anyone would know a good seeting for that...please help

it has a..
Level EQ Balance Gain
the eq has two knobs..one for high one for low

so if you could be so kind as to help..if not its cooli just really want to use this thing every setting i have sounds like crap
Last edited by ADecadeOfDecay at Jul 6, 2008,
They're bass overdrive sounds awful. Ironically enough, their guitar SD-1 works better.

Another good bassist dirt pedal is the russian big muff.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
alright cool...where can i find that one the russian big muff? or is that made up? just wondering dont want to look like a jack ass
It's funny the muff comes into this, because the muff is a fuzz that can get mellow enough to sound kind of like an overdrive, while the Boss bass overdrive is an overdrive that really excells when you try to make it sound like a fuzz.

If overdrive is what you're really looking for, not fuzz, look at the mxr blowtorch or the digitech bass overdrive, see what you enjoy. If you want a good fuzz, just wait for the announced big muff bass pedal to come out in a few months, don't short change yourself by buying a regular big muff that can struggle to cut through on bass in a live band situation.

Also, with the boss--this seems obvious but just checking-- have you been trying to use the knobs on your bass heavily to control the sound you get out of the pedal? A lot of players ignorantly leave volume and tone wide open all the time, or have both pups maxed in the case of a j bass or p-special pup configuration.

What's specifically wrong with the tone you are getting, and what tone are you looking for?
yeah i tried to adjust the knobs..but it gave me more fuzz..so i think im going to drop this..i just want a good sounding bass..like an extra kick an *umf* you know? like the sound some bassists in metal get....so yeah..ill check something out at like guitar center
Quote by ADecadeOfDecay
yeah i tried to adjust the knobs..but it gave me more fuzz..so i think im going to drop this..i just want a good sounding bass..like an extra kick an *umf* you know? like the sound some bassists in metal get....so yeah..ill check something out at like guitar center

yeah, steer clear of the muff then, that's fairly versitile, but definately better for the dirty end than the slight overdrive end... I mean it is a fuzz pedal. I haven't used it, but the blowtorch is spoken very highly of and can allegedly go from overdrive to nice distortion, put that at the top of your try out list.