Page 1 of 2
Hm....I'm not sure if it could stand up to the pull of the strings but it would be epic.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
I would think bone deteriorates faster than wood.

Maybe some dried stretched guts as strings, a taxidermy corpse as the body.

I'm thinking of an acoustic, cause I can't think of any necro electrics of pickups ideas.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
it would probably be flexable enough and strong enough, be a bitch to cut and carve tho
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
Quote by LP Addict
hell yeah, like an elephant bone or something. im sure i could find one if i really wanted too.

ohand rockthe40z. where you at in virginia? i am in northern, near fredericksburg/stafford.

Lived most of my life in Chesapeake, VA.. Go to school in Blacksburg (Virginia Tech).. currently in East Peoria, IL for a summer job..
I dunno how well it would bend with the truss rod, but if you could pull it off it would be pretty cool.

Maybe some dried stretched guts as strings, a taxidermy corpse as the body.

Would a stuffed corpse make it a hollow body?
an ivory fret board interesting,if you can pull it then it will be truly amazing,good luck with the cutting, i think ivory/bone is more brittle than wood so you mite have sum probs there,also expensive cos its illigal 2 harvist it now or sutin,i would definatly recomend going for that 7 ft tall neibour of your instead,no law against poaching him.
Quote by centorium
an ivory fret board interesting,if you can pull it then it will be truly amazing,good luck with the cutting, i think ivory/bone is more brittle than wood so you mite have sum probs there,also expensive cos its illigal 2 harvist it now or sutin,i would definatly recomend going for that 7 ft tall neibour of your instead,no law against poaching him.

yes, but ivory isn't bone is it?
essetially ivory is just bone from elephant tusk,dunno if you cud get a single piece of bone long enuf for a fretboard still like i said if u pul it off i will worship you it's a gr8 idea
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Ivory=tooth=bone so Ivory=bone=Ivory is illegal. Except for fossil ivory.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened

im glad im not the only one who thought of that.
Quote by LP Addict
hell yeah, like an elephant bone or something. im sure i could find one if i really wanted too.

ohand rockthe40z. where you at in virginia? i am in northern, near fredericksburg/stafford.

i think i live near you too, but i might be mistaken. i live in western maryland. so im kinda close. lol
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Use a wang for the whammy bar. Gayest thing ever, but also anatomically correct
Owner of the Murder, She Wrote club
Quote by LP Addict
Quote by Vinyl_Master
Oh, finish the guitar, then spill whiskey and coffee on it. Lock in dank basement for several years, enjoy.

don't forget feces. i always get that on my axe somehow.
bones are strong but not that dense. they have lots of little fibers that leave tiny pores.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Quote by oneblackened

Pff, so is almost anything these days. I say do it.
Guitars:
Carvin DC145
Epiphone Explorer with Seymour Duncan JB and '59
Ibanez RGT42FXQM with Dimarzio Evo 2 and PAF Joe
Amp:
Carvin V3 2x12 combo with JJ 6L6GC tubes

Bass:
Ibanez SR300IPT
Amp:
Carvin BX600 2x10 half stack
On Mythbusters they get bones from a shop that has them mainly for medical students. Maybe you could find out where it is, or if there's a similar place near you.
You could get a spine, off a sheep or something from a butcher's, You cen strip the meat off just by leaving it outside for a year or so to let maggots/worms eat most of it - then leave it to saok in domesdos or something to kill any disease. Or you could soak it in acid, You have to be careful because acid can dissolve bone eventually.

Then encase the WHOLE thing in clear plastic, once you've shaped it it'll take ALOT of polishing to get it see through again.

Personally i wouldn't risk using bone as the fretboard, just put on a rosewood one.
Quote by jimRH7
...Or you could soak it in acid, You have to be careful because acid can dissolve bone eventually...
Too much technology, not enough epic...

Put it in a tub with beetles -> time lapse -> youtube -> win
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
what s next a stone neck? or a guitar made from concrete?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Poaching is illegal, hunting is not. Can you say great american express commercial?
Trip to Africa=$1000
High Power Riffle=$1000
Guided Safari Hunt= $1000
Risking life for perfect axe= Priceless
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
Quote by jm1681
Too much technology, not enough epic...

Put it in a tub with beetles -> time lapse -> youtube -> win

Yes (well maybe not to videoing it) petshops sell live mealworms for feeding fish (mealworms are beetle larve bread for feeding animals). But you'd have to be careful they don't escape, And DO IT OUTSIDE, cos the smell will be awful.
Quote by jimRH7
...well maybe not to videoing it...
Dude...Time lapse decomposition/putrefaction is absolutely necessary when it comes to insuring epic win

Quote by jimRH7
...But you'd have to be careful they don't escape, And DO IT OUTSIDE, cos the smell will be awful.
Double word
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
OK i got about as far as tit sucking and i had to post.

sanding this thing would STINK
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by pinksalmon
Poaching is illegal, hunting is not. Can you say great american express commercial?
Trip to Africa=$1000
High Power Riffle=$1000

bad idea. thats 3000 dollars to get bone. Killing a neighbor is free.

and its mastercard dummy.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Quote by LP Addict
killing a neighbor is free, and you get about a weeks worth of food out of it, and possibly free sex.

Oh, that's hot.
The food part, I mean.
Owner of the Murder, She Wrote club
Quote by LP Addict
Quote by Vinyl_Master
Oh, finish the guitar, then spill whiskey and coffee on it. Lock in dank basement for several years, enjoy.

don't forget feces. i always get that on my axe somehow.
I think this would not be possible, I believe bones are somwhat hollow inside, and have bone fibers stretching to the walls to keep it together.

Ergo, visa vi, you would need to find an already perfectly shaped bone.
i'm sorry but this is a UG thread and i'm not gonna be able to give u any info if u dont have pics. I'll need a pic of ur neighbor.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Quote by jimRH7
You could get a spine, off a sheep or something from a butcher's, You cen strip the meat off just by leaving it outside for a year or so to let maggots/worms eat most of it - then leave it to saok in domesdos or something to kill any disease. Or you could soak it in acid, You have to be careful because acid can dissolve bone eventually.

Then encase the WHOLE thing in clear plastic, once you've shaped it it'll take ALOT of polishing to get it see through again.

Personally i wouldn't risk using bone as the fretboard, just put on a rosewood one.

I think that is the best, most plausible idea. How badass would a spine encased in some sort of strong plastic be? Infinitely I tell you!
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Quote by pinksalmon
Poaching is illegal, hunting is not. Can you say great MasterCard commercial?
Trip to Africa=$1000
High Power Riffle=$1000

Fixed.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Page 1 of 2