Im saving up for i laptop and i have no idea where to start. i tried googling and didnt get much. anyway, i want one with a mic jack so i can record. also i want it to have speakers and preferably be cheap.

any suggestions?
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Quote by iron_maiden97
Im saving up for i laptop and i have no idea where to start. i tried googling and didnt get much. anyway, i want one with a mic jack so i can record. also i want it to have speakers and preferably be cheap.

any suggestions?

doesn't really narrow it down those are pretty much standard on any laptop. You'd feel ripped off if you didn't get these on a laptop or computer
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by druz15_UG
doesn't really narrow it down those are pretty much standard on any laptop. You'd feel ripped off if you didn't get these on a laptop or computer

well whatever.
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Cheap laptops = Slow

From my personal experience. Unless you load XP on them, then they might be faster.
Mac Book FTW...Not really cheap though.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
If ur lookin to use it for recording and mixing you will want at least 1gb of ram (idealy 2gb), and a bigish hardrive. Probably something with a decent soundcard too (dont ask me what cause i have no idea). You also deffinaly want to use xp because vista is a system hog and its been dumbed down so much its difficult to use. SuperiorToYou is right... cheap laptops are slow the less you pay the less you get. I personaly wouldnt bother with nethin under about $900 NZD but since its your first one you might be happy with less.
Screw Ignorance... Indifference is bliss.
For recording, a good place to start would be with a 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 2GB of RAM, and preferably a 7,200rpm hard drive if you're going to be doing a lot of recording.

Then improve the spec according to your budget. RAM is generally the cheapest upgrade - another $50 will get you to 4GB - but any dual core processor over 2GHz should be fine for most uses.
Quote by iron_maiden97
well whatever.

Well ha had a fair point we cant help you with such vague criteria i.e cheap. Post your budget amount, programs you plan on using with it, operating system preference e.t.c.
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Acer is good for recording. My cousin's boyfriend has an Acer. I couldn't record on it, but it's layout was perfect for recording. And on what OS to get; XP is by far the best OS from Microsoft, IMO. Or if you have to go cheap, I have a Dell Inspiron B120 and it serves it's purpose. I have a sound clip in my profile, that should give somewhat of representation of the sound quality. But then I'm using an old, cheap-ass computer mic on that one. Going direct is at least 2x better.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Dell inspirons, you get to customise them n all that when you buy them direct from dell
and they're good value
but take like 4 weeks to get made and shipped...