i currently have a roland cube 1.5
ive had it for a while now, and i've been told i should get a new amp, im not sure should i and what ?
Depends. Do you play in a band, with gigs? If you do you'll probably need more volume and better tone. If you just play in your room then you're probably okay right now.
oh thanks, well i mean, i play, punk, grungy stuff, and trying alot of experimental sounds, and im going to form a band, *crosses fingers* i also like to use alot of feedback, anyway what amp would amyone? recomend, preferably one with reverb (unless a pedal is better) and under 1 k
Quote by seizureman
oh thanks, well i mean, i play, punk, grungy stuff, and trying alot of experimental sounds, and im going to form a band, *crosses fingers* i also like to use alot of feedback, anyway what amp would amyone? recomend, preferably one with reverb (unless a pedal is better) and under 1 k

Could you list some bands you are into? It would help me to recommend an amp for you.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
nirvana
citizen fish
SOAD
RATM
mudhoney
smashing pumpkins
dead kennedys
soundgarden
butthole surfers
dick dale
the ventures
sonic youth
angry samoans
the germs
sublime
the specials
the misfits
the unseen
bad religion
those are the ones i mainly listen to and cover especially nirvana
Quote by seizureman
ummm i guess now like $600

Maybe a JCM900? A 4500 or 4100.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by seizureman
cool thanks, but are there anything a bit smaller?

Are you planning to gig with it? Or just a bedroom amp?

Maybe the Valveking 1x12?
PM Gpderek09 to join!
well i would like something to gig with... but i dont have alot of space... would you recomend the line6 spider III
Quote by seizureman
well i would like something to gig with... but i dont have alot of space... would you recomend the line6 spider III

oh
my
god
no.

Search "Line 6 Spider" and you'll see how hated they are. One of the worsts amps made in my opinion.

I think the 40 watt Valveking would work for you.

Give me just a few minutes and I'll reply with a few more.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by seizureman

No, wouldn't be any better.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the 1x12 Valveking is 50 watt buddy. and the Valveking king isn't much of a bedroom amp, 50 watts of tube power is fully capable of gigs, and a little loud for a practice amp. there's better amps for the price than a Valveking. he's going to need a few pedals to start with too...
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by ugmung
the 1x12 Valveking is 50 watt buddy. and the Valveking king isn't much of a bedroom amp, 50 watts of tube power is fully capable of gigs, and a little loud for a practice amp. there's better amps for the price than a Valveking. he's going to need a few pedals to start with too...

Sorry, I stand corrected. 50 watts.

What would he need pedals for?
PM Gpderek09 to join!
pedals are fun too
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by chase312
Sorry, I stand corrected. 50 watts.

What would he need pedals for?

from what i remember from earlier he listed some indie/grunge bands or stuff like that. he's going to need some reverb, delay, overdrive and an EQ of sorts. idk, i would figure he would get a better tone with a few pedals.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
oh okay so should i go eith the 50 watt or the marshall one, and i already have some pedals, i have a boss ds-1 and a pretty fun flanger pedal, but i am going to buy a harmonix small clone, unless the holy grail would be better ?
what'd i miss, Marshall?
which Marshall are you getting?
well if you like the Flanger, keep it. i've never played the small clone before, but the holy grail seems like a pretty solid pedal. eh, not something i would get, i like to mess with random things when i'm at shops and it was pretty fun to play with for a few minutes.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
kay ive done some research and i have founds 32 amps the fender super champ xd or the treynor ycv40wr, now would the fender superchamp be close in quality to the treynor ?