I have just gone through one of the most dramatic years of my life. This time last year I was with my girlfriend of 2 years, haning out with my buddies all the time, going to parties and doing random ****. Well, august rolled around and me and me and the girlfriend had a BRUTAL break up, wont go into detail it was jsut very hostile.

Anyways school started and I went into a big depression and ultimately dropped out of school and left the province to live with a friend of mine (I'm 17 by the way). I thought running away from my problems would solve it and I was so wrong. While I was up there I got a job and started working until second semester rolled around and I could register for high school there.

So I started school all was good and I was going out to parties with the buddy I lived with, met new friends and everything was swell. Well I'm very self conscious and have a very low self esteem even though I appear very out going and social to those I meet. So I fell back into a depression slum over the fact that I still missed my ex and that I was so far away from everyone I knew (this is 6 months since I left). At lunch I started just going to the bathroom and sitting in a stall by myself listening to music, just feeling depressed. On weekends I NEVER left the house I constantly played guitar and video games, nothing else.

This continued for the last 2 months of my stay. It is now 8 months later and I'm back home. Well everything has changed all my friends don't hang out with each other. My best friend has a new girlfriend and all he does is see her CONSTANTLY, we use to chill all the time but I've been home for a month and I've seen him twice and once the girlfriend was there and the other we just happened o run into each other at the basketball courts.

So its summer now and all I've done is sit at home doing nothing. I feel extremely depressed and that somethings missing from my life. And everyday seems worse. While I've been home I've started to think that my parents aren't the right parents for me (if anyone understands that), this is making me frustrated and ultimately leading to greater depression. I also find that when I first meet epople they really like me but as time goes on they like me less and less.

End of rant.
This year I almost got kicked out of school, one semester erased, went to rehab, thousand dollars worth of pills to pay, sister almost died and last october I overdosed. I feel you bro, i really do. Life gets better but it sucks waiting haha.
damn, that is hard to go through, anyways, try meeting new people or something, find a happy place
I feel you dude. My parents decided to move right after high school and after that I pretty much lost 90% of the friends I had in high school. I'm only able to chill with a few kids now on weekends or every other weekend. Some of them don't give a **** anymore. I mean, you win some you lose some. Life throws all kinds of **** at you man. Positive Mental Attitude. Keep pushing through it man. Wallowing in your own self-pity isn't going to do ****. It isn't going to make your life better. You might as well take the energy to turn your life around.
im stupid. blahbalhblahblah
My solution ( not a lot of people are gonna like this). Get stoned. Seriously. I had HORRIBLE times just like yours in of breaking up with a girlfriend of 3 years. Hang out with the people you can, have fun, get more girls numbers and find another girlfriend. When night rolls around and you're lonely, light one up and forget about depression. Hope all works out. Peace
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
This year I was ranked 8th in my class, made the National Honor Society and basically it was a great year for me, but I still felt really depressed sometimes, I don't know why.
Fear the Evil Chainsaw Wielding Penguin...
sorry to hear all of that it sounds horrible... definitly try to meet some new people and make soem friends, keep your head up
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
find a new g/f...all the **** from the past will wash away because you'll be busy getting to know her more each day...my only advice. spending too much time with yourself just makes things worse...beleive me, i did and now me and myself dont speak anymore...i hate that guy lol
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Quote by SG6578
My solution ( not a lot of people are gonna like this). Get stoned. Seriously. I had HORRIBLE times just like yours in of breaking up with a girlfriend of 3 years. Hang out with the people you can, have fun, get more girls numbers and find another girlfriend. When night rolls around and you're lonely, light one up and forget about depression. Hope all works out. Peace

Yeah I've been blazing a lot lately, loner stoning it most of the time but RARELY a buddy picks me up and we go have a session. A lot of the people I use to be super tight with have started to dabble with coke and I've been thinking it may help this confidence issue
Quote by Bodah
Yeah I've been blazing a lot lately, loner stoning it most of the time but RARELY a buddy picks me up and we go have a session. A lot of the people I use to be super tight with have started to dabble with coke and I've been thinking it may help this confidence issue

Nah, coke is a whole different ballgame. That leads to addiction. Just blaze, trust me.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
we all have these issues, some not as bad as you but really i think it seems people like you less and less because you have it in your head that they shouldnt like you. Get that out of your head, and just enjoy being around people...people will like you if you first learn to accept yourself (as cliche as that sounds)
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
in the words of jon lajoie,
And you start thinking about how fun it was to play games
like battleship when you were a kid
and how, as we get older we forget how to play and just to enjoy ourselves
so you say "Guess What? I'm gonna make up a game right now
and it involves a baseball bat and a porcupine
and I'm gonna try to kill a porcupine with a baseball bat
but then you don't know where to find a porcupine so
you do a search on e-bay but people don't sell porcupines on the internet
and you say "Guess what world? you've got me cornered again
I'm gonna roll another joint
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by wtbskill91
This year I was ranked 8th in my class, made the National Honor Society and basically it was a great year for me, but I still felt really depressed sometimes, I don't know why.

A lot of people get depression out of no where. It's very common and just a part of life.
Voodoo Fest 2008 <3

Quote by DieGarbageMan
SILENCE.

SURSKIT DECIDES YOUR GENDER NOW.
My advice is pretty simple:

Scream it out. Go somewhere, doesn't matter where really, even if people are around... close you eyes and just ****ing scream as loud and as long as you can. Curse everything from God to your penis. Just rage and let it all out. Afterwards, reflect on everything you feel and have said. Think about how it sounded out loud. Sometimes you think things through so much and it all sounds right in your head, but if you say it out loud, you realize it's stupid. Maybe even try recording your thoughts and listen to 'em the next day. You'll find flaws in your logic, which will make you try to think a little bit more clearly.

My other piece of advice? Make strange noises throughout the day. For some reason, this always helped me. There'd be points when I'd just be walking around going, "ppppbbgbtytytyblahblahbiggitybligauhbluffyswqgdxwadalalalapuuuuthhhafwah!" People look at you like your crazy and they're like, "WTF are you doing?" and you just go, "I'm making wierd noises." Shrug it off and keep on keeping on.

I think it's the fact that people are then genuinely intrigued by you, rather than you wondering if they like you or not. Good luck bro, you'll make it through somehow.