there you go cheeseman3001!

that's an inside joke btw

anyways what's your opinion on Christopher McCandless

if you're not familiar with him, the movie Into The Wild is based on him.
He was an American who pretty much erased his existence and went on a spiritual journey across country and eventually to Alaska, based on his contempt for the empty materialism of the American society, and his belief of the spirituality of people or lack of

I for one admire him and believe strongly in what he represented. I feel that one day I might want to take a journey such as his, even though he did eventually die. I also think that the people who criticize him "what he did was stupid and inconsiderate" are just the people he disliked, they seem ill-spirited and not really open-minded or understanding of what he did and what drove him.
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
wat
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Yeah, I admire him alot. I've been thinking about doing something like that. Travel the continent with the clothes on my back and an acoustic guitar.
I would neither sleep with my mother nor walk for a longer distance than a neighborhood block.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Yeah after i saw the movie i researched him and i think he was awesome. i would love to do what he did. except maybe play it smart and not eat the plants.
Wasn't he a bit off?

I seem to recall hearing he left a note saying he was going to kill something inside himself?

I dunno, the whole movie/book made him out like a hero or whatever, seemed a bit lame - also funny that he being anti-materialism and whatnot was turned into a marketing scheme.

Didn't he die after he [purposefully] ate some plant that made him incapable of holding down food?
I find his actions to be totally inconsiderate to those around him. You can find fulfillment without abandoning those who care about you, and ultimately he was a douche. But then again, I'm very intoxicated so I might be wrong.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by TDKshorty
there you go cheeseman3001!

that's an inside joke btw

anyways what's your opinion on Christopher McCandless

if you're not familiar with him, the movie Into The Wild is based on him.
He was an American who pretty much erased his existence and went on a spiritual journey across country and eventually to Alaska, based on his contempt for the empty materialism of the American society, and his belief of the spirituality of people or lack of

I for one admire him and believe strongly in what he represented. I feel that one day I might want to take a journey such as his, even though he did eventually die. I also think that the people who criticize him "what he did was stupid and inconsiderate" are just the people he disliked, they seem ill-spirited and not really open-minded or understanding of what he did and what drove him.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't everybody?

But staying on topic... I think that would be quite an adventure. I've wanted to do something like that. I agree that society (not just American, but the entire world) has lost touch with nature and spirituality. I'm not one of those hippie types or whatever that's all into spiritualism and the supernatural or whatever, I just believe that we as people have gotten money so engraved into our minds that we seem to forget to enjoy life.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
wat
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Quote by guitar/bass76
Wasn't he a bit off?

I seem to recall hearing he left a note saying he was going to kill something inside himself?

I dunno, the whole movie/book made him out like a hero or whatever, seemed a bit lame - also funny that he being anti-materialism and whatnot was turned into a marketing scheme.

Didn't he die after he [purposefully] ate some plant that made him incapable of holding down food?

He said, loosely, that he would "kill the false being inside himself" which is what he did.

I don't think it's a marketing scheme, sorry, I think the people who understand him get it and the rest of the people are either ignorant or open up their minds

I don't think what he did was selfish or he was douche civildp1, its alot like suicide, it's something that can't be judge unless you experience it or understand it, he was a strong willed person and he had a mentality of such that led him on a spirtual journey
For alot of people it's the only way to do something, they don't have a choice
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by guitar/bass76
Wasn't he a bit off?

he died after ingesting some kind of wild seeds that made him ill.. it wasn't on purpose

i think what chris mccandless did was somewhat admirable, but it's hard to ignore the fact that he basically abandoned all his loved ones, with no regard for their emotions

nonetheless, the basic gist of actions- escaping all the materialistic aspects of society, getting in touch with nature- that's admirable