what exactly does this mean? i heard some people referring to a diezel amps as sounding "hi fi"

Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Hi fi? Like high fidelity?

That doesn't make sense, sounds like someone is making things up...

I suppose they might be trying to say quality, but that's a stretch
well im quite into hifi audio. it basically means high definition and an accurate representation of the real life sound. the term gets blurred when you are talking about guitars though. for example, what should a guitar sound like? guitar is more about good tone than good fidelity.

if we wanted a hifi sound from our guitars we would be playing guitars with pickups that have a flat responese into amps with a flat response. it would be clean and nowhere near breakup. does that sound like good tone to you? for most things probably not. fidelity comes second to tone with guitar gear.
well after reading that i think i understand what they meant. they probably meant something like the amp sounds exactly how you would want. if you made a pro recording with it, you wouldnt have to do much mixing to the track for it to sounds perfect.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
People often loosely use the term Hi-Fi and Lo-Fi to describe the finished sound or overall tone of a song or song part..

Hi-Fi usually entails a lot of dynamics and is very polished sounding, while Lo-Fi will sound more subdued.. As if you were maybe listening to an old record...

For instance, if you've ever listened to Portishead.... They have a very Lo-Fi sound... Jack White from the white strips also gets a good Lo-Fi sound on a lot of their tracks...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by Reildeal
People often loosely use the term Hi-Fi and Lo-Fi to describe the finished sound or overall tone of a song or song part..

Hi-Fi usually entails a lot of dynamics and is very polished sounding, while Lo-Fi will sound more subdued.. As if you were maybe listening to an old record...

For instance, if you've ever listened to Portishead.... They have a very Lo-Fi sound... Jack White from the white strips also gets a good Lo-Fi sound on a lot of their tracks...

I looked up Portishead, it sounds like it's recorded on tape or vinyl or something haha
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!