Various songs that I hear too much:
We're Not Gonna Take It by Twisted Sister.
I mean, come on, a women's deodorant commercial? It's gone too far.
AC/DC's hit songs.
I never liked AC/DC that much, this just riles me up even more.
That one Steely Dan song
Bad to the Bone by George Thoroughgood (spelled right?)
Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf
Sweet Home Alabama by Lynard Skynard

I know there are a bunch more. I just have writer's block.

Various songs that I don't hear enough (or have never heard on the radio)

The Zeppelin list comes forth:
Bring It On Home
In the Light
When the Levee Breaks
How Many More Times

All Ozzy-Era Black Sabbath

La Grange by ZZ Top
Plenty more.
Last edited by KnockoffJaguar at Jul 6, 2008,
Ever since Guitar Hero, a lot of it's play-list has been radio-abused.
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.
Sweet Home Alabama
All your base are belong to us.
u don't hear zeppelin cause they aren't sell outs. specifically there's this classic rock station i used to listen to that all you would hear is boston. the station was so predictible on what thye would play next. stones, boston, journey, repeat.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
More than a Feeling, Black Magic Woman,
Fear the Evil Chainsaw Wielding Penguin...
Quote by riffmasterjosh
u don't hear zeppelin cause they aren't sell outs. specifically there's this classic rock station i used to listen to that all you would hear is boston. the station was so predictible on what thye would play next. stones, boston, journey, repeat.

Uhh sorry but the classic rock station in Chicago dedicates an entire hour to zeppelin everyday. If your classic rock station doesn't play zeppelin then i dont know what your listening to. Now im not saying their sell outs but i can easily turn on that station and hear 4 zeppelin songs withing 75 minutes...
Born To Be Wild
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Grungy2425
Uhh sorry but the classic rock station in Chicago dedicates an entire hour to zeppelin everyday.

We have that here in Baltimore every weekday at 10. The thing is, they play the same songs every day. You never hear Your Time is Gonna Come, You Shook Me, Achille's Last Stand, etc.
i have never been a big fan of allot of 'classic rock', mainly because most of it is overplayed, you see 13 yr old kids with Deep purple shirts when all they have heard is smoke on the water

Proud member of the Stratocaster Lover's Group
Quote by riffmasterjosh

You must also consider how little control many bands have over their music. Especially now, thirty or so years after some of them recorded their albums and songs. Most of the material is in the hands of the record companies.

Also, basically all FM (and probably AM, but I don't listen to AM) are run by one corporation, which has a format for what is to be played on the radio. That's why practically every station plays the same music.

If you've ever listened to 100.7 The River it's the same music (not just artist, but songs) day after day.
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
You must also consider how little control many bands have over their music. Especially now, thirty or so years after some of them recorded their albums and songs. Most of the material is in the hands of the record companies.

Also, basically all FM (and probably AM, but I don't listen to AM) are run by one corporation, which has a format for what is to be played on the radio. That's why practically every station plays the same music.

If you've ever listened to 100.7 The River it's the same music (not just artist, but songs) day after day.

yeah that's the station i was talking about
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
I can't even begin to count the number of movies I've heard Gimmee Shelter in.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
smoke on the water is so overplayed
it may have been the first song i could play on guitar but now its just boring
Quote by claptonsson199
smoke on the water is so overplayed
it may have been the first song i could play on guitar but now its just boring

When I first started playing guitar I was so thrilled at playing this. I thought I was badass because I could play it.
Quote by riffmasterjosh
u don't hear zeppelin cause they aren't sell outs.

Dude, Zep is on a car commercial.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Quote by HoneyFUZZ_123
i have never been a big fan of allot of 'classic rock', mainly because most of it is overplayed, you see 13 yr old kids with Deep purple shirts when all they have heard is smoke on the water

Along with metal, modern rock, pop, modern country, etc.
Listen to what you want
Quote by Dwardom
Ever since Guitar Hero, a lot of it's play-list has been radio-abused.

Down with Guitar Hero
Last edited by Cryptorchild at Jul 6, 2008,
god if i hear born to be wild one more time i'm gonna break out the ak47... stephenwolf wrote one of the most annoying. cheesy songs every so called wild person uses this stupid song while acting all cool...
Quote by Thefallofman
Cryptorchild, with that sig and post you're pretty much flame bait.

Just a warning.

Oh and dont forget my avatar.

But IMO dont think its wrong for me to listen to Classic Rock. There is alot of great stuff, Im pretty open to everything.
Quote by editor
god if i hear born to be wild one more time i'm gonna break out the ak47... stephenwolf wrote one of the most annoying. cheesy songs every so called wild person uses this stupid song while acting all cool...

But they invented HEAVY METAL because the lyrics in the song!!!
I'd say pretty much every classic rock song that is at least semi-well known is over-used. I mean, I love a lot of the music, but a lot of it has gotten really tired. To me, anyway.

edit: Just because stepphenwolf used the term "heavy metal" i their song, doesn't mean that they invented the genre . Just like that Cleveland DJ who coined the term "rock and roll" didn't invent rock music.
Quote by Cryptorchild
Down with Guitar Hero

Yeah, Rock Band whips it with a Cat O' Six Strings.
Owner of the Murder, She Wrote club
Quote by LP Addict
Quote by Vinyl_Master
Oh, finish the guitar, then spill whiskey and coffee on it. Lock in dank basement for several years, enjoy.

don't forget feces. i always get that on my axe somehow.
Free - All right now

Not a big fan of the song in general. I like to listen to Virgin Radio Classic Rock, and I swear they play that song at least once an hour. They must have a contract with Paul Rodgers or something...
Quote by HoneyFUZZ_123
you see 13 yr old kids with Deep purple shirts when all they have heard is smoke on the water

or when they say: i know the band queen, when all they have heard is we will rock you and we are the champions
Quote by Cryptorchild
Oh and dont forget my avatar.

But IMO dont think its wrong for me to listen to Classic Rock. There is alot of great stuff, Im pretty open to everything.

I wasn't saying it was "wrong" or anything- but you're going to get called out on it by someone and they'll rip you apart. If you go into the Guitar Gear and Accessories with that sig they'll probably throw a brick through your window.
Hey, I'm Mike.