My laptop of 2 years started ****ing up. (Dell inspiron 6400)
I turned it on today and its like "What up. This **** was hot so i went ahead and turned it off for you. Its not like you were doing anything important......you bastard...."

Whatever, so 5 minutes later, it starts buzzing an the keyboard is vibrating. I figured out its on of the fans under the left side of the keyboard. tHe only way i can prevent the noise is by tiliting the laptop on its side.

Anybody know how to fix it, or how much it will cost to repair?
cant fix it, it overheated. its a hardware problem now, bring it to your closest computer repair shop.

dunno how much it would cost.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
You just have to do your work sideways now.
Top 5 Rush Songs:
1. La Villa Strangiato
2. Natural Science
3. The Main Monkey Business
4. Vital Signs
5. Subdivisions

Complete Atomic Basie by Count Basie.

Ask me shit: formspring.me/howthiswork
sounds like the fan on our hdd or processor is broken.... but i didn't really understand your explanation and i'm kinda drunk/tired....i've never had that happen on a laptop, but on desktop they are rather easy to fix....i'm sure it would be quite the opposite for a laptop
Quote by tona_107
sounds like the fan on our hdd or processor is broken.... but i didn't really understand your explanation and i'm kinda drunk/tired....i've never had that happen on a laptop, but on desktop they are rather easy to fix....i'm sure it would be quite the opposite for a laptop

Basically, It overheated i think. And then a fan started spinning loudly and wont stop.
sounds like you've got a major hardware issue, and on an older laptop it's probably not worth fixing, get a new one.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by PissInMyShoeses
Basically, It overheated i think. And then a fan started spinning loudly and wont stop.

it might just be the fan, in which case you would be lucky cause that is fixable, but once again, it's a laptop, which is a completely different ball game. i only know hardware on desktops, sorry.
If my laptop started talking to me, I wouldn't want to fix it anyways.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Gyroscope
If my laptop started talking to me, I wouldn't want to fix it anyways.

I would! We could be best friends, and like... talk.. and like.. go out....

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices