So, this is the pit, so I'm going to give the pit a wonderfully off-topic thread.

I own San Andreas for PS2, and, along with it, I have the Strategy Guide. I never actually use the guide for anything except for finding clubs/bars or the gang tags/oysters/horseshoes/photo ops.

Anyways, in the guide, in the beginning of each city section, there are maps of the cities, including maps which show every store/restaurant in the area. But, one thing that's bugging me is, certain stores will be labeled on the map in the strategy guide, but when I try to find them in-game, they aren't really there. For example, a few clothing shops, and barber shops, and even restaurants.

So, what's the deal with this? Are some places just unlocked as you get further into the game? Or, is the strategy guide incorrect?
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Quote by Jekkyl
So, this is the pit, so I'm going to give the pit a wonderfully off-topic thread.

I own San Andreas for PS2, and, along with it, I have the Strategy Guide. I never actually use the guide for anything except for finding clubs/bars or the gang tags/oysters/horseshoes/photo ops.

Anyways, in the guide, in the beginning of each city section, there are maps of the cities, including maps which show every store/restaurant in the area. But, one thing that's bugging me is, certain stores will be labeled on the map in the strategy guide, but when I try to find them in-game, they aren't really there. For example, a few clothing shops, and barber shops, and even restaurants.

So, what's the deal with this? Are some places just unlocked as you get further into the game? Or, is the strategy guide incorrect?

Yes.
San Adreas = Fail

Get with the times N00b.
Voodoo Fest 2008 <3

Quote by DieGarbageMan
SILENCE.

SURSKIT DECIDES YOUR GENDER NOW.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Yes.

+1

One store that is exactly as you described is Didier Sachs, in Los Santos near the "Rodeo Drive" area. I don't think I unlocked that store until I beat the game, or was REALLY, REALLY close, at least.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Custom-Picks
San Adreas = Fail

Get with the times N00b.

c'mon man san andreas is still an awesome game
Quote by Custom-Picks
San Adreas = Fail

Get with the times N00b.

STFU
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by fallenangel20
+1

One store that is exactly as you described is Didier Sachs, in Los Santos near the "Rodeo Drive" area. I don't think I unlocked that store until I beat the game, or was REALLY, REALLY close, at least.

Yeah, that's one of the stores I was thinking of. DS, and the VICtim in the same exact area.

Thanks for the input.

Quote by Custom-Picks
San Adreas = Fail

Get with the times N00b.

Well, hey, not all of us 18-year-old high school graduates are cool enough to have a job and money to buy those cool PS3's and Xbox-360's, especially when we have a car and college to pay for.

WITH NO JOB
OR MONEY
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Quote by fallenangel20
+1

thats there from the begining. its just hard to find.

the guide may be wrong on some places tho. others you might not be looking hard enough =P
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
thats there from the begining. its just hard to find.

the guide may be wrong on some places tho. others you might not be looking hard enough =P

Well, yeah, the actual STORE is there, you just can't access it.

I know exactly where it is (now that I knew where it is), and when I restart my game, or just play old save files, I can't go into it, or anything of the sort, not until I get almost to the end of story mode, or use my save file that I've already beat the game on.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by Custom-Picks
San Adreas = Fail

Get with the times N00b.

No, you didn't. I like San "Adreas" much more then GTA 4. They took too much out...

And to TS, Gaming Thread?
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
The game istelf came with a map, and it says there is a police station in Los Santos... and there isn't one where it says it is...
I wanted to find the pink dildo without getting arrested
Quote by RPGoof
The game istelf came with a map, and it says there is a police station in Los Santos... and there isn't one where it says it is...
I wanted to find the pink dildo without getting arrested

I found it.

I just ran in full stop, found the shower, and then beat any cop in my way with my newly adorned pink dildo of POWER!!!

The health and armor cheats went into GOOD use then.

Saxo-Walrus