Page 1 of 2
So i can keep changing my ****ing ideas on this, and now its final what i am doing. one piece sapele body, Quad-top curly maple/koa/koa/maple. this originally had an all pau-ferro neck with an ebony fingerboard, but i changed my mind on that. I am now going to do either a one piece Goncalo Alves neck, or wait and get some more rosewood, and i might use my extremely birds-eye maple fingerboard on this beast as well...

Almost all of the hardware is mounted, i did this all tonight, i left the body at 2.25'' thick (i had to go out and buy new neck bolts because of increased thickness, lame). I put on the first bit of linseed oil to help soak into the wood and harden it, here she is with some hardware attached, the electronics plate is coming in the mail soon, once it gets here, this guitar will only need a neck to be absolutely finished.

heres my fingerboard...
wow that is awesome. I vote for the birds eye maple fingerboard, that would be a match made in heaven with that body.
^ as borat would say "very niiiiiiiiiiice how much?" lol nice looking build man. how do you get your edges nice and true for laminating together? i use planes, scrapers and paper... there's got to be a better way
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Looks smexy as every tele you build usually is and it isn't even done!

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

that fret boards the sex
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
ultimately i just use a jack plane but some spots i have to touch with a palm plane then i rough the edge with sand paper cuz the sanding grooves help the fibers mesh a little better when u glue them...

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
nah, the sand paper thing is a myth. if you are using titebond, there is no need, if you are using elmers, you might need that. nothing holds better than a clean joint, i keep my plane blade sharp enough to cut hair off my arm. all of my joints look like glass before they are glued.
Use the maple. Maple looks and sounds better on a tele.
Everything else looks marvelous.
all i ever use is titebond original i used 5 min epoxy for my inlays but everything else is my sticky friend with the red label

That looks really nice should sound awsome.

good luck with it
Quote by Invader Jim
Well, opinions are like assholes...

Quote by LP Addict
they excrete feces, playing a vital role in the digestion system?

lol
i cannot wait to play itttttttttttttttt.

i am having trouble radiusing the fingerboard... when the fingerboard came in the mail, the 24 fret end was 6/32 thick and the nut end was 8/32... so im having trouble getting rid of that curve, i wish i noticed it before i glued it on.
Most radiused rosewood fingerboards I get from Stewmac are like that, and I always keep it that way. But it has to be straight. This is how my G&L Legacy is done too. Uneven in thickness but straight is fine.
Quote by Joel Rainville
Most radiused rosewood fingerboards I get from Stewmac are like that, and I always keep it that way. But it has to be straight. This is how my G&L Legacy is done too. Uneven in thickness but straight is fine.

yeah the straight thing is where im having problems at. this ****ty ass stew mac truss rod wotn do anything, i ave to crank it to an extreme left or right to get any visible movement. annoying.
output jack is drilled and ready to go :

its definitely winding down, some more sanding on the neck and i need to figure out a nut situation and ill be ready to string er up. i think i am going to use a roller nut, anyone approve?
that looks pretty damn sweet.

as you said the other day "put in the output jack so i can have sex with it"

best tele ive ever seen. period.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
linseed oil is all that i use. for the neck anyways, on the body i do one coat of tung oil/varnish to get somewhat of a surface finish, then i rub the body down with linseed oil. linseed oil does amazing things too wood, problem is since it is a type of food seed, it can get mildew if you leave it in damn wet dark environments, but who leaves their guitar in places like that?
Quote by LP Addict
linseed oil is all that i use. for the neck anyways, on the body i do one coat of tung oil/varnish to get somewhat of a surface finish, then i rub the body down with linseed oil. linseed oil does amazing things too wood, problem is since it is a type of food seed, it can get mildew if you leave it in damn wet dark environments, but who leaves their guitar in places like that?

Guitar hardcase + rain = smelly guitar.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
From the pics so far, this might be the most beautiful tele i've ever seen.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
I think i am going to sell the rosewood neck i made for this. I made the neck pocket slightly too wide, so its not a tight enough fit, plus i have it routed for a locking nut/roller nut, which im not to keen on using for this build... anyone interested? i think 200$ would be fair price for a solid rosewood/ebony guitar neck with double action truss rod and frets?
if it had a normal nut on it, i'd have the money to you tonight. im not a fan of locking however.
Page 1 of 2