██████
████████
Brian Posehn: Live in: Nerd Rage
Patton Oswalt: Feelin' Kinda Patton
Bill Hicks: Rant in E Minor
Mitch Hedberg: Mitch All Together
David Cross: Shut Up you Fucking Baby
Dave Attell: Skanks for the Memories
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

George Carlin's first five albums. "Class Clown", "FM & AM", "Occupation: Foole", "Toledo Window Box", and "An Evening with Wally Londo Featuring Bill Slaszo". And it's not because he's dead. I've loved ALL of these long before he died. Genius.

Patton Oswalt's "Feelin' Kinda Patton" or "222". "Feelin' Kinda Patton" was cut from "222", which is two discs, and around 3 hours long.

"Two Drink Mike"- Mike Birbiglia (Genius in it purest form)

"True Stories I Made Up"- Daniel Tosh

"Poppin' the Hood"- The Sklar Brothers

"One Dimple"- Kyle Cease

All some of my favorites.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by marshmellow666
steve martin!lets get small

You and I think alike, Steve Martin's CD's are great. Let's Get Small and to a lesser extent A Wild and Crazy Guy. They're sooooo funny.
Quote by Rokeman
Tenacious D, the first album. it's good car trip comedy.

AGREED!! Also,
Tripod- Middlebough Road
Kevin Bloody Wilson- Live in the Outback
Naked Poets- Lie-v
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
for modern comics any dave chapelle and chris rock are pretty funny...dane cooke obviously

but if you want some real comedy, and some real funny comedy, ANY bill hicks, he was the funniest man to ever live.
bruce mcculloch - shame based man. so bizarre, avant garde and dark. i love it though.

george carlin - jammin' in new york - his best.
#DTWD
Denis Leary - No Cure For Cancer
██████████████████████████████
Quote by Ralbert07
Denis Leary - No Cure For Cancer

man are you kidding me. dennis leary is a no talent stealing hack. listen to bill hicks and you'll find that dennis leary's comedy act is a main stream fabrication of bill hicks' mentality and comedic genius. this is a well known fact.
UG on tape!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by tona_107
man are you kidding me. dennis leary is a no talent stealing hack. listen to bill hicks and you'll find that dennis leary's comedy act is a main stream fabrication of bill hicks' mentality and comedic genius. this is a well known fact.

hicks sucked at being funny. when leary does it it's funny. hicks was just a sad, depressing man.
#DTWD
Quote by tona_107

Quote by tona_107
for modern comics any dave chapelle and chris rock are pretty funny...dane cooke obviously

Quote by tona_107

That's just a myth. Denis' acts may had some similarities to Hicks, but Denis did not steal it.
Quote by primusfan
bruce mcculloch - shame based man. so bizarre, avant garde and dark. i love it though.

george carlin - jammin' in new york - his best.

For all the respect you gained for knowing Bruce McCulloch.....

Quote by primusfan
hicks sucked at being funny. when leary does it it's funny. hicks was just a sad, depressing man.

....you lost with this last comment.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

I like Eddie Izzard - Dress to Kill

If you can find Christopher Titus' stuff too it's awesome, Norman Rockwell is Bleeding is great.
My Rig:
Ibanez RVX 220DX
Vox Valvetronix 30watt
Quote by InvaderTSN

ahah while dane cook is a complete douche bag, his first cd is absolutely hilarious ...i can't listen to him since i found out he is also a no talent, stealing hack, similar to dennis leary but at least it is just some of his jokes that are stolen, not his entire personality like someone else i know of....and primus fan, i find bill hicks to be extremely funny, and so did the many people who are fans of his, like maynard james keenan and the rest of tool for example, so i know i'm not the only one. just because he didn't appeal to the mainstream doesn't mean he wasn't funny.
Last edited by tona_107 at Jul 6, 2008,
Quote by bigwillie
For all the respect you gained for knowing Bruce McCulloch.....

....you lost with this last comment.

oh no, i was so worried about what you might think of me ...

edit: norman rockwell is bleeding is HILARIOUS. i've only seen it like twice, but i loved it. another one man show that suprisingly i found extremely funny was john leguizamo's freak. i usually find him to be an annoying putz, but the first time i saw it my sides hurt from laughing so hard.

norman rockwell is bleeding -- yeeeee i finded it!
#DTWD
Tenacious D - Tenacious D.
Monty Python - Monty Python's final rip off (xD it's amazing. Has basically all of his best sketches on)
Jasper Carrott. Anything. My fave's probably Truck Drivers. Hahaha
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by primusfan
oh no, i was so worried about what you might think of me ...

I was just pointing out the fact that I thought it was awesome that you liked Bruce McCulloch, but disagreed with your opinion of Hicks.

But I dunno, if you took it that way, perhaps you really do care...

Quote by Ralbert07
That's just a myth. Denis' acts may had some similarities to Hicks, but Denis did not steal it.

yes he did - its plain obvious

now dont get me wrong I'm a huge fan of both, Bill Hicks and Denis leary are(were) both major talents, Leary has written and performed awesomely funny stuff before and since "that" routine

but it WAS stolen from Bill Hicks, you cant deny it- you can dress it up however you want but it cant be denied
Gear Lists are for G*A*Y*S

Quote by fallenangel20

"Two Drink Mike"- Mike Birbiglia (Genius in it purest form)

"True Stories I Made Up"- Daniel Tosh

"Poppin' the Hood"- The Sklar Brothers.

These and "Beyond the Pale" by Jim Gaffigan.
Quote by primusfan

YOU SUCK!

leary copied from hicks, and made the jokes worse.

I suppose its a matter of opinion tho, but i can honestly say that Bill Hicks is the funniest man ive heard.
FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS!!
either the radio show or the album, doesnt matter, they both rule!
Quote by deanodon
you know your a man when youve asked your gran for nude pics

Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.

"One does not simply sweep A major 7!"
Quote by bigwillie
I was just pointing out the fact that I thought it was awesome that you liked Bruce McCulloch, but disagreed with your opinion of Hicks.

But I dunno, if you took it that way, perhaps you really do care...

your post made it sound like i should be alarmed that i just lost respect from you. which i am, trust me. i couldn't sleep easy last night knowing that someone somewhere did not approve of my taste in comedians.

a crack baby with AIDS is funnier than bill hicks.

and i remembered some standups that actually are funny ...

david cross - the pride is back
steven wright - a steven wright special
#DTWD
Flight of the Conchords
Jim Gaffigan- Beyond the Pale
Demetri Martin- These Are Jokes
Brian Posehn- Live in: Nerd Rage
Dave Attell- Skanks for the Memories

All of those are my favorites and are highly suggested
Mitch Hedberg- "Mitch All Together" ...I didn't like Strategic Grill Locations as much cause it's lower quality. Seems like he was way too stoned for that one lol

Demitri Martin- These are Jokes

Both are just joke after joke after joke
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Page 1 of 2