So I am think on getting a new guitar. I am starting to get into blues a lot more right now and am considering maybe a fender strat or a telecaster. I have about 500 dollars saved up and wanted your guys opinions on what type of tele/strat to go for. I was just thinking of going for the standard strat or tele, but a couple people I know have been saying that they are "beginner guitars" and say I should just get get a better quality strat or save up for an American strat/tele... Any advice on what I should get or if this is still fine to get?

Also whats the difference between a regular strat compared to a HSS? All my friend told me was they call HSS "fat strats" for some reason. Do they have a bigger neck or something?
Gear:
Dean VX
Ovation Celebrity CC44 Electric Acoustic
VOX DA5
The MIMs are great values. They make great beginner guitars but I know lots of people who gig with them. An HSS has a fatter tone because of the humbucker in the bridge position. Hence the name "Fat Strat". I also have a DA5 and my 2006 (sss) standard sounds great through it. I also played a telecaster. I liked the twang tone it had.
Saving up for a better amp might be a better idea first. But as for guitar recommendations, I'd say a Lite Ash Tele, meant to be one of the best models Fender has recently made.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Lite-Ash-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=511339&src=3SOSWXXA
sounds like you'd like a nice Tele. I wouldn't consider the Mexican Strat/Tele an 'entry level guitar.' They arn't going to be the BEST quality but they're pretty solid and will last a while. I have a Mexican HSS Strat and it has served me well so far. I don't know if it's true, but I have heard that the difference between a Mexican make and American make isnt worth the cost difference. You can always upgrade pickups or anything else on a mexican guitar too if you want.
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
i'd for a strat they're a classic they look good and are ergonomic,also not overly expensive.
also theyre long lasting and look new for ages.
the sound quality is good and (this mite just b me cos i learned on one) they seem 2 b really easy 2 find the right strings when your playing fast,tht sounds weird but i know what i mean lol
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary