Well, after 7 years, I decided to customize my Red Squire strat.

Here's the plan. I plan to make this my Jazz/Experimental guitar. My budget (hopefully) won't go past $450 - $500. I'm ripping this guitar to wear it only has the wood of the body, and the neck left. A lot of my guitars follow the same paint job and it is basically this:

http://www.ultimateflags.com/novelty/images/japanrising.gif

Just like my other guitars with this same paint job, They have Kanji writing on the right side of the body, each guitar has a different translation however. My V translates "Flying Magi" My Mockingbird translates to "Hide Magi", I think you get the idea. I got the nickname "Magi" about 10 years ago during a game of D & D, because I was always the wizard. I adapted the Japanese Rising sun trademark because I love Japan, the food, the music, the culture, and the people. However, I am not Japanese, I'm Philipino/white. Back to the point.

I have customized the paint on my Explorer, my Flying V, my ESP Custom, and my BC Rich Mockingbird. I want the Kanji letters on the side (Somewhat big print) to say "Japanese Magi" on the body (below the bridge would be nice).

How much would the paint job plus the Kanji writing would you say cost?

I'm not going to bother with the tremolo. It won't fit within my budget, and a Kahler, or a Floyd Rose is not necessarily a big thing in Jazz, so I'll leave it be.

Moving on to the electronics. Like I said before, "Im going to rip everything out". So this is the part where I would like an oppinion. I want to put a fernandes sustainer as the neck pickup (which is costly, I know). But Im not sure what to put as my bridge pickup. What would you suggest (Try to stay on the cheap, but not too cheap side)? If all else fails, could I turn to a pre-wired pickgaurd?

Price-wise? Fernandes sustainer would cost a lot including installation, would it be worth installing it? Or, if you can give me a better combination of pickups (Remember, Jazz and Experimental Rock), that would be great as well.

Tuner's.... Well, I was thinking of putting Sperzels... But than again a Floyd Rose Nut would do the same trick.... Which is cheaper and or better?

Well all in all, I do not want to mess anything up, so I am having a shop do it for me. If I go with sperzels, than I'll do that part myself.

All in all, how much damage will this project do to my wallet?

Thanks in Advanced.
Seymour Duncan Jazz or 59 are great pickups.
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Quote by guitargod21136
Seymour Duncan Jazz or 59 are great pickups.

I don't want humbuckers on this guitar. Just single coil, but not open.

I forgot to say about the third pickup, although maybe it might not be so bad with humbuckers.... Hmm...
Last edited by DiruIkasu at Jul 6, 2008,
after reading the first sentence, i suggest that if you are just using basically the body and the neck, then you might as well buy a body and neck that are actually good. just my thoughts.
Quote by tona_107
after reading the first sentence, i suggest that if you are just using basically the body and the neck, then you might as well buy a body and neck that are actually good. just my thoughts.

Wouldn't fall under my budget then.
Quote by DiruIkasu
Wouldn't fall under my budget then.

true. sorry for wasting your time. i can't really help with that whole pickup thing (cause i don't know jazz) other then to suggest looking at some lace sensors...they are wonderful
Quote by tona_107
true. sorry for wasting your time. i can't really help with that whole pickup thing (cause i don't know jazz) other then to suggest looking at some lace sensors...they are wonderful

I never thought of Lace sensors. Brilliant idea. I might just do:

Bridge - Sustainer

Middle and Neck - Lace sensors

Would that give a good tone though?