I was told at my local guitar shop that it harms the amp to unplug your guitar while your tube amp is still on. Is this true? Also, I was told that turning the volume knob on your guitar all the way down harms the amp. Is this true? Thanks in advance for any help.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by nexteyenate
I was told at my local guitar shop that it harms the amp to unplug your guitar while your tube amp is still on. Is this true? Also, I was told that turning the volume knob on your guitar all the way down harms the amp. Is this true? Thanks in advance for any help.

The only part that would harm it is if it popped or buzzed really loud, which COULD hurt the speakers.

And, whoever told you that if you turn the volume all the way down it's bad is a DUMB ASS.

I normally just put it on standby before unplugging anything.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
If turning the volume all the way down did damage to tube amps... I think there would be a lot of broken tube amps. I always turn the volume all the way down on my ME-50 or my guitar with no problems. But unplugging while on is harmful to any amp, isn't it? Or, at least the speakers, I might say.

When I need to unplug I turn the volume on everything to 0. My amp doesn't have standby.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by E V H 5150
If turning the volume all the way down did damage to tube amps... I think there would be a lot of broken tube amps. I always turn the volume all the way down on my ME-50 or my guitar with no problems. But unplugging while on is harmful to any amp, isn't it? Or, at least the speakers, I might say.

When I need to unplug I turn the volume on everything to 0. My amp doesn't have standby.

Yeah if you have at least the master at zero it won't hurt it at all.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by Tackleberry
Some of the flat earth theories out there are pretty funny to hear.

really!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
never heard the one about the volume on the guitar before...
Epi Les Paul Classic
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech Bad Monkey
Pignose 7-100 amp
Supro high-gain pocket amp
Epi Acc w/ soundhole pup

I have 2 heads, but only enuff blood to run 1 @ a time. Gravity pulls down. Not My Fault, Girls!